We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winston-Salem stopping point?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Winston-Salem stopping point?

We're coming from Central Ohio (Columbus). I'd like to break the trip into 2 days' driving--@ least 1/2 way or little more than 1/2. Other posts suggests WV and Wytheville VA as good stopping points but would Winston-Salem also be reasonable?

We have friends there that we can stay with for the night. Wouldn't have to get a hotel!

3 replies to this topic
ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

We stayed over in Rockingham a couple times. Not sure if you'll be taking that route; but there's a nice clean Comfort Suites there. We typically just drive straight through now. But if you can stay with friends Winston-Salem would be just fine in my opinion.

Edited: 02 April 2017, 22:19
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

Reasonable as opposed to what? It is a little more than half-way and if you have friends you can stay with, then yes, go for it. Makes total sense.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

Thanks for your replies. Winston-Salemn it is, then.

I'm going to be the only adult and only driver (myself, 12 yr. old and her friend) or I wouldn't hesitate to drive straight through.

Reply to: Winston-Salem stopping point?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations