We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winston-Salem stopping point?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Winston-Salem stopping point?

We're coming from Central Ohio (Columbus). I'd like to break the trip into 2 days' driving--@ least 1/2 way or little more than 1/2. Other posts suggests WV and Wytheville VA as good stopping points but would Winston-Salem also be reasonable?

We have friends there that we can stay with for the night. Wouldn't have to get a hotel!

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Wytheville
Wytheville
Virginia
Winston Salem
Winston Salem
North Carolina
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts
#3 of 52 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#5 of 52 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#6 of 52 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

We stayed over in Rockingham a couple times. Not sure if you'll be taking that route; but there's a nice clean Comfort Suites there. We typically just drive straight through now. But if you can stay with friends Winston-Salem would be just fine in my opinion.

Edited: 02 April 2017, 22:19
Mentioned in this post
Winston Salem
Winston Salem
North Carolina
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

Reasonable as opposed to what? It is a little more than half-way and if you have friends you can stay with, then yes, go for it. Makes total sense.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

Thanks for your replies. Winston-Salemn it is, then.

I'm going to be the only adult and only driver (myself, 12 yr. old and her friend) or I wouldn't hesitate to drive straight through.

4. Re: Winston-Salem stopping point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2018, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations