We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

We just had to cancel our entire vacation we booked during memorial day weekend when we found out it was during black bike week. We just re booked for the week of may 16th only to find out there is another bike week. Any tips on where to stay, we cant re book our flight again....

13 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
720 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

Black bike week is mostly in North Myrtle Beach and the Atlantic Beach area. On the other hand Harley Bike week is mostly to the south. So if you stay in the North Myrtle Beach area you will be fine.

Denver
Level Contributor
482 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

Might I ask why Bike Week is a problem? I haven't been to these two but spent decades going to Sturgis, as well as Laughlin and Daytona. It can be a bit noisy but they are a great group of people and an experience your family will remember.

3. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 April 2017, 20:47
Edited: 07 April 2017, 20:47

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

In North Myrtle, check out North Beach Plantation (though pricey,) Beach Cove, Baywatch, Avista, and Prince. There are also lots of privately owned condos in North Myrtle you can rent through sites like vrbo and airbnb.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,032 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

Gosh ArmyChief! That was a bit harsh! Maybe RussL was truely asking what the problem was with the MB Bike Week... having not been to that one himself.

You said..."And NO, you shouldn't ask. It's none of your business what anyone's travel plans involve" Umm...isn't that what TripAdvisor is all about? Helping people with their travel plans!

6. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 April 2017, 21:07
Edited: 07 April 2017, 21:07

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

I was told by hotel staff that the bikers take over the entire loop. The bikes themselves are very loud and we will hear them well into the night even in our hotel room. We are looking for a relaxing vacation with our small children and it doesn't seem super family friendly. I looked online at the BBW website and I confirmed that it was not family friendly.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
720 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

The hotel gave you correct information but I thought you said you changed the dates to the Harley week. Regardless BBW stay on the south Side of Strand. Harley week stay on North end and you will miss almost all of the activities!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

RussL,

Black Bike Week is more like a huge college Frat Party, not a typical motorcycle event and not a family friendly weekend. I do not suggest visiting during Black Bike Week. http://www.blackbikeweek.us/

Myrtle Beach Bike Week is more like the motorcycle events you have probably visited. I do not have any problem with Myrtle Beach Bike Week. http://www.myrtlebeachbikeweek.com/

Susan M, as mentioned, most of Myrtle Beach Bike Week occurs in Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet. You shouldn't experience as many bikes in North Myrtle Beach as you would if you were further south.

Denver
Level Contributor
482 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family

Fair enough.

Reply to: bike week.... where to stayif you have a family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach