We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcycle noise

Morristown...
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Motorcycle noise

Why is it a person can't have a cabana, sport-brella or other device for shade on the beach but motorcycles can roar up and down the street at deafening levels? I can't walk my quiet dog on the beach between 9 and 5 but motorcycle owners can sit and rev their engines very loudly at all hours?

I brought my family for a nice week at the beach but because of the motorcycles, I won't be back until this situation changes.

Warning: before you book a vacation in Myrtle or North Myrtle Beach, make sure it is not during a bike week.

4 replies to this topic
Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorcycle noise

"Why is it a person can't have a cabana, sport-brella or other device for shade on the beach but motorcycles can roar up and down the street at deafening levels?"

Because the motorcycles don't interfere with lifeguards doing their jobs, and because for years, people have abused shade tents, erecting them before sunrise to "reserve" their place on the beach before heading back to bed, stringing ropes across any free walking spaces, butting 2 or 3 or 4 tents together with total disregard for anyone else's enjoyment of the beach. The list goes on...

" I can't walk my quiet dog on the beach between 9 and 5 but motorcycle owners can sit and rev their engines very loudly at all hours?"

Because you are a law abiding citizen and some motorcycle owners are not.

"before you book a vacation in Myrtle or North Myrtle Beach, make sure it is not during a bike week."

For years, many locals on here have been offering the same advice to most visitors, keeping in mind that the sum of all bike weeks add up to less than 2 weeks of the total year. I'm sorry you picked a bad week.

2. Re: Motorcycle noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2017, 00:05

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
690 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorcycle noise

You picked a bad week and it will only get worse as it gets closer to the weekend. You should have looked at the tripadvisor boards sooner as this is always a hot topic for years as it gets closer to this week, it always gets lots of attention. If you can head south , towards Surfside and Murrell's Inlet for some of the time, to dine out, etc, that area should be better as it's more so black bike week that's a concern rather than Harley week.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorcycle noise

You should have done a little more research beforehand. Next time, do your homework.

Reply to: Motorcycle noise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach