We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries

Thomaston...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Groceries

S there a nearby grocery store in north myrtle beach

10 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries

Yes, of course, many. Kroger, BI-LO, WalMart, Food Lion, Boulineau's to name a few. If you tell us where you are staying we can tell what is closest.

Montreal
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries

Hi all,

From experience I can recommend Walmart, they have the largest variety of goods. I do not know when you are planning to go but we usually vacation in NMB during the summer months. Not sure how it is for the other grocery stores, but I stopped going to Walmart on the day we arrive (normally a Saturday), because Walmart is a zoo on that night. If you are going prepare for a very long wait time at the cashiers and big crowds, with shopping carts overflowing with stuff. We usually go early on Sunday mornings where there are much less people.

Thomaston...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries

We are staying at Beach Cove resort. We are 3 ladies who just want to relax on the beach and by the pool, so really can't see renting a car! However, we will need a few basic groceries like coffe, cream and lunch food. Am hopeful there might be something not too far away.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Cove Resort
Beach Cove Resort
1,928 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries

How long will you be in NMB? How will you get to and from the hotel to the airport? (it's close to 30 minutes away)

I don't think there are any grocery stores within walking distance of Beach Cove. Maybe stop on your way to the hotel when you get in. Or you could have them delivered. There are a couple of places that do deliveries. Google.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance. If you are only going to be there a few days..3...then going without a car is ok. More than that and you will miss out on SO many other restaurants and attractions.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Cove Resort
Beach Cove Resort
1,928 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Kentucky
Level Contributor
535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries

We try to avoid Walmart after peak season check in on arrival day. We have started timing our grocery shopping just before check in time. Most stores are nearly empty at that time. Even had a family member that said Walmart wasn't bad during that time.

Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries

Think it would be of your best interest to rent a car.Not many options where you are staying as beachlady3 said.

Westwood
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groceries

I would go to Bi Lo. We stay at North Beach Plantation right next door and that is our go to store.

Mentioned in this post
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
3,068 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Tuscumbia, Alabama
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Groceries

We have used Simply Groceries in the past. Order online, and for $9, they will deliver to your room. The prices are higher than most grocery stores, but worth it to me, not to have to grocery shop after driving for hours. We usually eat out at night, so I just have to order drinks, snacks, sandwich stuff and etc.

Thomaston...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Groceries

Thanks. Will check out having them delivered!

Level Contributor
13 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Groceries

We always order our groceries a day or two in advance online from Lowe's Foods. We drive by on our way into town and they bring them right out to the car! BEST SERVICE EVER! Avoids all the crowds and lines!

Reply to: Groceries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations