We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in San Pancho

Parksville, B.C.
Level Contributor
138 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Eating in San Pancho

My wife and a spent a few days in San Pancho just before Christmas. Because we had a kitchen, we only ate dinners out, and one lunch.

When we arrived on the first evening, we heading into town about 8, and happened on the Baja Takeria without being aware of its great reviews. We had tacos, naturally, and they certainly confirmed the reviews, in particular the camarons (shrimp). We ate for less than 300 pesos, and excellent value for such good food.

The next night we went to Maria's Restaurant. Our appetizer was superb, a tuna tatare which was very tasty. The main, however, was a little less impressive, a mahi mahi dish which was fine, but not memorable. This cost a lot more, and with wine we spent more than 800 pesos.

Next, we went to Dolce Amor, which not surprisingly is Italian. We had an excellent caprese salad, followed by pasta, with a tasty italian sausage sauce. One of the dishes was gluten free pasta, which was a bit underdone, and clearly not homemade, but it's impressive that they have it at all. I can't recall exactly how much we spent, but it was less than Maria's.

We also had brunch on our way out of town at Bistro Organico. I had huevos rancheros and my wife had the budda bowl. Mine was great with lots of tasty ingredients, as was the bowl, but it did have a bit too much lettuce. Definitely a place to check out, and the value was very good.

Finally, every day we made a stop at Cafe Paraiso for espresso (28 pesos). Very good, and very friendly.

San Pancho is a great place for a vacation, very relaxed. The food is good to very good, with a surprising number of restaurants. Many are closed either Sunday or Monday, however, which is when we were there. This meant we could not try Mexotik, one place that was on my list.

Entreamigos
Educational sites, Libraries, Gift & Speciality Shops
Birding San Pancho
Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Mexicolate
Gift & Speciality Shops
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
582 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in San Pancho

You missed La Ola Rica and Mar Plata for really fine dining which remains reasonably priced with the strong dollar. Two other favorites are Dolce Jardin and Dolce Amore. We also love Barracuda (in addition to Baja Takiria). You can't go wrong earring in San Pancho and there is plenty of really good street food too (love Arbolitos tacos)

Parksville, B.C.
Level Contributor
138 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in San Pancho

I guess we'll just have to go back.

3. Re: Eating in San Pancho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2018, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about San Francisco
Recent Conversations
More San Francisco Topics