We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in the district

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in the district

I want to visit The District on Sunday afternoon for free. I hear the Nissan stadium is a good option but because it'll be during CMA weekend, I don't think parking there is free. Any suggestions?

8 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in the district

You're correct. Nissan Stadium Lot R will not be free on Sunday because of CMA Fest. Street meters are all free on Sunday if you can find an empty one. That's the only free parking downtown.

If you can't find one downtown and REALLY want free parking, look for an open meter in Germantown or The Gulch. You can park for free and ride the free Music City Circuit buses to/from downtown. Germantown is on the blue line, The Gulch is on the green line. nashvillemta.org/Nashville-MTA-Music-City-Ci…

Personally, I'd avoid the hassle of the shuttles and just pay $10 to park at the library.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 21:58
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in the district

You can park in the State Employee Parking Lots on weekends and after 5:00 pm during the week for free.

This includes the parking near the capitol. The same Music City Circuit buses mentioned in monkeylizard's post run towards the Bicentennial Mall area where the non-capitol adjacent lots are. I believe this is the Blue Line that runs that direction.

With CMA Fest, parking anywhere within the downtown core will be hard to come by, so the $10 Library Garage may fill early in the day.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in the district

Thanks Patrick. I forgot about the employee lots.

sw michigan
Level Contributor
321 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in the district

Is street parking in Germantown or The Gulch conducive to overnight parking?

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in the district

If you can find a spot, it is best to leave absolutely nothing valuable in your car and leave the doors unlocked. Even with nothing of value visible, it's always a possibility that someone may come along and see what is there, it's better if they can get in without breaking a window to get nothing. I don't say this because it's inherently unsafe, it's just that car break-ins happen everywhere and it's better to be proactive than reactive.

As far as safety goes, The Gulch will likely be safer for overnight parking than Germantown.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in the district

Hi

We are going to visit Nashville in late August. How is parking at that time? We will be staying at 505 Church street - Stay Alfred. Where is the best place to park for a full day and over night?

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in the district

https:/…interactive-map has all of the parking options and the rates.

The library is next door with a $14 max daily rate. That's where I'd go. No in-and-out privileges.

Edited: 25 July 2018, 21:26
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in the district

Thank you very much

Reply to: Parking in the district
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville