We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Nashville next week

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
20 posts
308 reviews
Trip to Nashville next week

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could recommend some must see/eat/do while in Nashville, first trip ever and a lot to choose from, thank you in advance

18 replies to this topic
Falls City
Level Contributor
141 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

Back Stage Tour at The Ryman and Country Music Hall of Fame are just a couple.....

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

It depends on your interests. If you're just looking for the most popular attractions, those would be The Country Music Hall of Fame, The Ryman, The Grand Ole Opry, and the honky tonks along Broadway between 3rd and 5th Ave.

If you tell us what you like to do, we can make more tailored suggestions.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
3. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

The above suggestions are great! I would add the Parthenon and one of the antebellum mansions. The Hermitage is the former home of Pres Andrew Jackson and is a great choice.

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
20 posts
308 reviews
4. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

Thank you !

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
20 posts
308 reviews
5. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

thank you for all the replies, looking for local foods/drinks and bars, hot chicken, catfish BBQ, moonshine drinks, local beers and cocktails and local tours/sites as mentioned in these posts

Thank you again

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
20 posts
308 reviews
6. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

Thank you

Atlanta,Georgia,USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
126 reviews
7. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

If you are a country music fan, do try to go to Nashville Palace located on McGavock Pike across from Gaylord Opry Hotel. They have live music from morning until wee in the morning. No cover. Parking right in front. Good food, cold drinks, friendly staff.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
8. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

Just back from a trip to Nashville a few weeks ago. Loved the bars along Broadway. Was in town for the U2 concert. Made a stop at the Country Music Hall of Fame - very well done. Johnny Cash Museum was good also. Jack White's Third Man Records was a short walk from the CMHOF, worth a visit as well. Made it to 2 BBQ places, Peg Leg Porker and Martin's. Loved both, slight edge to Peg Leg for me. A cool rooftop bar just off Broadway on 4th was Bobby's. Had some good breakfast at the Frothy Monkey, Sun Diner and Woolworth on Fifth. Had a great steak dinner, but can't recall the name. Took in a Nashville Sounds baseball game - excellent.

Lots to do, it was a great city to visit!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

One thing I did on my first trip last year was to take one of the hop on hop off trolley tours. I just stayed on the trolley the entire time to get a good overview of the area then picked the spots I wanted to see after that.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 02:43
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Trip to Nashville next week

Barbecue--there are many locations that know how to do it right. It depends on what type of BBQ you want. You can find it downtown, uptown, and out in the 'burbs.

Peg Leg Porker and Martin's are both quite good. Personally, they are not my favorites, but they would rate a 9 on a scale of 10.

Edley's has been great and okay at times for me. It depends on the day, I guess.

Jim and Nick's is good, and the service is good, but it is not my favorite.

Hog Heaven is next to Centennial Park and is walk-up and order service. You have to go elsewhere to eat. The service there is basically familial. If you are a regular, you might get a little something extra.

If you want the really best BBQ, one that has been featured on the Food Network and was once called by author Calvin Trillin as the second best restaurant in the world, you will have to drive out to White Bluff to Carl's Perfect Pig. The ribs here are just insane they are so good. We order to go and then drive to Montgomery Bell State Park to enjoy them.

Hot Chicken--I don't know why this is the big thing. It's just fried chicken with hot spices, and I cannot tell you who is best or better than others, because I have never tried it nor care to try it. My neighbor goes to Hattie B's on Charlotte about once a week and then goes to the Dairy Dip next door for ice cream for dessert.

There are many breakfast joints all over the city. The Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village has been quite popular for about 60 years. When Garth Brooks and Vince Gill mentioned that they loved to eat there, this place became the in-place for breakfast, and people wait in line outside to be seated.

The real historic Nashville food eatery genre has always been the "Meat and Three." Places like Elliston Place Soda Shop, Rotiers, Arnold's Country Kitchen, Monell's, Wendell Smith, and Swett's are some of the long-time favorites.

Reply to: Trip to Nashville next week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted