We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trips from Nashville

Brentwood, Tennessee
Level Contributor
102 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend trips from Nashville

I'm thinking of taking a much needed relaxing long weekend with my husband. We live in Nashville. Can you suggest any places to go within reasonable driving distance (4-6 hours)? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

Just thinking off the top of my head

memphis, chattanooga, Smoky Mountains, Atlanta,

Mentioned in this post
Brentwood, Tennessee
Level Contributor
102 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

Thanks! I should've given more information...sorry. We've already hit the bigger cities in TN and are looking more for places in other states or, perhaps, more unknown places of rest in relaxation within the state.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

Why not try a bed and breakfast. Even if it is in nashville or right outside you can get some peace and quiet.

We always get away in town and love it. Whether it be in a hotel and veg out or at a b&b.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

Have you been to Asheville, NC yet? We did that for a V-day weekend trip. Very fun - loved touring the Biltmore and their winery, Also, Grove Park Inn is a great place to stay there.

Indianapolis is another fun city within pretty close driving distance, Love the museum there and the zoo.

Lexington, KY is pretty fun. We went to Kentucky Kingdom (Six Flags park) and Hyatt revolving restaurant there.

Mentioned in this post
Asheville
Asheville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Lexington
Lexington
Kentucky
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

St. Louis is only 5 hours away, or maybe some state parks like Land Between the Lakes, Fall Creek Falls, Standing Stone, Big East Fork.

Mentioned in this post
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

One of my favorite places in the world is Cataloochee Ranch in Maggie Valley NC. You can do the horseback rides, fish in the trout pond, walk through a meadow to nearby B&B or just veg in your cabin. Each one even has a fireplace and front porch with rockers! Great meals at night..........plenty to do nearby but for me, ck in, kick back and enjoy....no need to lv the ranch!

Mentioned in this post
Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley
North Carolina Mountains, NC
louisville
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

Six Flags is in Louisville not Lexington. Also the Louisville Slugger Museum is very nice. And of course there is Churchill Downs.

Mentioned in this post
Louisville
Louisville
Kentucky
Lexington
Lexington
Kentucky
St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

Also have you checked out the state parks here in TN. We have stayed at Cedars of Lebanon (cabins), Montgomery Bell (cabins and Inn) as well as Falls Creek Falls (cabins).

We love all. Each place has something different to do. Cedars of Lebanon has great trails, horseback riding is a quick walk or drive inside the park, swimming pool and frisbee golf course that we really enjoyed. Montgomery Bell has several great walking trails, a decent restaurant at the inn, paddle boats and canoes as well as some beautiful fishing areas. Falls Creek Falls again has great hiking trails, and beautiful waterfalls.

All are very relaxing and the cabins are really not bad at all.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Weekend trips from Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:18