We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

hove
Level Contributor
90 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

Very odd. Just tried booking hotels and everything seems to be booked up Downtown.

Is there a conference or music event taking place?

I might try sharing a shelter with a panhandler if all else fails :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

LOL Get your sleeping bag ready.

March Madness! The 2010 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament (March 11 to March 14) at the Sommet Center.

Maddening!

Bob

Edited: 24 January 2010, 07:14
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

I know... I found out that same thing... Bought tix to the AFI show and now, no close hotels. Does anyone know if any of the hotels near the airport or away from downtown offer shuttles into downtown? Or are taxis easy enough to snag? Really want to be at that show! Hate that they booked it the same weekend as March Madness though.

hove
Level Contributor
90 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

yes..good question..anyone going to nashville that weekend is going to need a decent shuttle from a hotel especially after a few beers..

Your tips will save many a visit.

Help please.

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

I don't know about shuttles, but we stayed at a Courtyard (I think) near the airport a few years ago for a show at the Ryman, and we had no problem catching a cab back! Now, with it being March Madness, it might be a little tougher.

Scotland
Level Contributor
142 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

I'm visiting Nashville 10th to 17th March and am already booked in the Homewood Suites downtown. I won't have a car so no problem with parking etc. Can I look forward to the March Madness weekend being a busy/fun weekend or will it be a nightmare?

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

Hi ianScotland,

I think it will be a busy/fun weekend. The bars will be crowded at certain times, depending on the time of the games. You may want to research on the internet the times of the games. Go downtown during the games and find some bars/restaurants you really like, park yourself in one, and have fun. When the games are over and the crowds comes in, you'll already have a table and can have fun and chat with folks from all over southeast USA, especially when they hear your Scottish accent. One other thing about hopefully not making it a nightmare is that you don't have to deal with parking!!

Bob

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Scotland
Level Contributor
142 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

Thanks Bob, that's what i was hoping someone would say. When I visited in 2008 I found Robert's to be my favourite bar so I'll try and grab myself a table there and if I have to stay til closing time it won't be the end of the world!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

So Bob, do you know if any of the hotels near the airport offer shuttles into downtown (to avoid parking)... or is getting a cab really easy? We'll be going to a concert at Rocketown so not sure how accessible cabs are from that location.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

kamkaz13, I wish I knew. I would check out the hotel's website and possibly give them a quick phone call. Most all will have toll free numbers. I would hope that some of the well known national hotels or "upper end" hotels there would have shuttles.

I do know that some cab companies will take reservations for pickup. Going to the show would be no problem. But, if you know what time it would be over, you could make a reservation for that pickup back to the hotel.

Bob

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why are all the hotels booked 12th 13th March?

The cabs from Airport area to downtown depending on the number of people in the cab are not expensive as its pretty close to downtown..maybe $25 each way. I do not know of hotels in that area that offer shuttles downtown.