We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Thinking about taking my grown daughters on a girls trip to the Dallas area in July. Trying to get ideas on a nice place to stay that is near shopping, restaurants, safe area, etc? Thought about hotel ZaZa but not sure that is us. May be a little too uppity for our taste.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,722 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Uptown is a good spot, but the ZaZa is a bit trendy. I've not stayed there myself, but you might want to take a look at Bailey's Uptown Inn. The location is great. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55711-d638632-…

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

There's a Doubletree near Northpark Center - great shopping, good options for food, movies. Also near Shops at Park Lane has a few outlet stores like The Rack and nice casual places to eat like Grimaldi's. Blue Mesa is close by for a great brunch.

The Doubletree is along the highway and not exactly walkable to these other areas but they are an easy short drive away.

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Thank you for that info. I do appreciate it. I will look in to both of those. ;-)

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

You might check out Hotel Palomar. It's a boutique hotel, pretty close to everything Dallas without being in the thick of it!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

There's a Hyatt House one block from Northpark Mall.

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Thanks for all your info! I appreciate it.

As of now, and this can change, I've booked Homewood Suites in Allen. Didn't want to spend several hundred dollars for a hotel to just basically sleep there. We'll be out shopping for the day. I've been to the Allen outlet mall and it seems to have a lot to offer. How far is Allen to Frisco, or Allen to Grapevine?

Thanks!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Allen and Frisco are neighboring towns. Grapevine is about a 15-20 min (non-rush hour) drive east on 121 (toll), but if you are considering Grapevine Mills Mall, I'd save the gasoline and toll expense - just my opinion, but then I'm not a big fan of shop-till-you-drop either.... in fact, I'm more the "park close to the store you need, get in, get out and leave the premises ASAP" :)

A visit to NorthPark should not be missed. It is Dallas' grand dame, original mall. Still in existence, it's been maintained to current shopping standings through the years with many wonderful stores - not to be missed. From Allen (again, non-rush hour) it's only a few minutes (15-20) south on 75/Central. Plus there are a number of excellent restaurant choices in the area that won't break the bank.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

I stayed in Allen last summer. Frisco was an easy drive (IKEA!) and Plano has some nice shopping too. I like the Crate and Barrel there and Trader Joe's. I've stayed in Frisco and Plano also. I didn't mind making the short drive from Allen, and it felt like a really safe area. I think we were at a Hilton, it was across from a outdoor mall and in a little shopping center with a lot of places to eat nearby.

We didn't like the Grapevine Mall very much. We always go to NorthPark, it has everything! If the guys are with us they can watch a movie while we shop :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

All I did was to take the wife to Grapevine and wait for her; she didn't buy a single thing, LOL.

It belongs to the same company that built Katy Mills down here in the suburb of Houston.

Same layout and stores, if I remember correctly.

I like Fish Shack and Ruang Thai in Plano.

Good food for reasonable price.

The grilled salmon and the duck rolls are pretty good as I recall.

Has anybody been to those places?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Dallas area for girls trip??

Allen to G'Vine is "west", not "east". (Directional dyslexia.)