We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galveston beaches up to New Orleans area

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Galveston beaches up to New Orleans area

We are interested in renting a beach house in July of 2018. We will be a party of approximately 10 adults and 8 children, ranging in age from 1 to 12.

What are the beaches like in Galveston? Are they better/same/worse closer to NOLA? East/West of NOLA -- is there a difference in the beaches?

How is the surf or waves? Are the beaches clean or dirty? Are there other close attractions for kids? Is it 'safe'?

We are coming from the Kansas City area and I chose this area as it is probably the closest for those who will be driving. But if the beaches are undesirable, the extra drive (such as to Gulf Shores) would be better.

Is it possible to rent a house (or 2 side-by-side) right on the beach?

I'm accustomed to nice beaches in the Caribbean/Mexico and don't want to be disappointed in the beach. :)

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
12 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Galveston beaches up to New Orleans area

Thanks. I'll check those out!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Galveston beaches up to New Orleans area

Thanks. I've been to Pensacola Beach, too, and enjoyed it. I didn't have any kids with me, though. And you're right -- there isn't much there for kids to do. All of these responses are really helping me!

Mentioned in this post
Pensacola Beach
Pensacola Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Reply to: Galveston beaches up to New Orleans area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galveston
Recent Conversations