We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

My hubby and I are checking out a possible Royal Caribbean cruise for May 2014 out of Port of Galveston. I'm told that we'll need to fly into Houston, then shuttle/limo it to Galveston and back when we return. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shuttle bus or limo service that you've used? (Also an inexpensive hotel in Galveston for one night may be nice also, if you can suggest one!) Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Port of Galveston
Port of Galveston
341 Reviews
Galveston Island, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
89 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Hi, CJ: This question is asked all the time and many good answers are still available for viewing. The Galveston Forum is not that big so you shouldn't have any problem finding posts to read. Some are just called "transportation". A lot of the shuttle/taxi questions also include hotel questions just as you did.

Hope you find good help reading them until some comes to yours and gives you response.

Happy Cruising !

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Thanks for the guidance, Georgetowngal. I'll check it out further!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Here's the web site info for the Super Shuttle: supershuttle.com/Locations/HOUAirportShuttle…

As long as you're not operating on an extremely tight schedule, it may be a good deal, but many people have reported that they've had to wait until a van fills up before the van leaves, so it's best to check with them when you make your reservations. (I've never had the occasion to personally use this service, by the way.)

Sorry I can't help with the hotel recommendation--you might go to the Galveston Hotels tab (in green near top of page) and search until you find one you like. FWIW, the cruise port is on the north side of the island, and the beach is on the south side, although it's not a huge island, so the cab ride shouldn't be too bad.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Gene T, thanks. Appreciate the info!

Wilson, North...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

My husband and I are looking at a cruise in May 2014 too. Pls let me know what you find.

chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Hey Quick0622-

I haven't been able to really research the shuttle piece as thoroughly as I'd like lately, but I'm back on it. Have you booked your cruise yet out of Galveston, and have you looked into anything on a shuttle?

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Royal Caribbean offers a shuttle bus at $32.00 per person one way on the day of arrival. You must arrive between 9 and 12:00 and can purchase the ticket directly at the airport.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

We are sailing out of Galveston on May 4, 2014. If anyone woul like to share a shuttle on either the day before or the day of, we we could keep the cost down by using Super Shuttle.

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

My friend and I arrived to Galveston on March 1,2014. We found a wonderful shuttle company, Island breeze shuttle. Our flight was delayed for several hours and the driver wait for us until we arrived. I kept calling him and postponing out arrival and he told me not to worry that he will be there.

They charged us $80 per person round trip. It was the cheapest we could found.

The name of one of the owners is Lee. You can find all the information in the website www.islandbreezeshuttle.com

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Quick0622-

Sorry it has taken me months to reply...but I've got a lot of stuff on my plate (not the least of which is my May cruise...LOL). Anyway, yes we are booked and paid in full on Navigator of the Seas 5/18-5/25, out of Galveston. Still have not settled on a shuttle yet, but have gotten great info from Cool Tours, My LimoLimo, and Super Shuttle. Someone in this thread suggested Island Breezes Tours, and I'll check them out also. My group will settle on a service very soon. Have you solidified your travel plans?

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Reply to: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galveston
Recent Conversations