We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

My hubby and I are checking out a possible Royal Caribbean cruise for May 2014 out of Port of Galveston. I'm told that we'll need to fly into Houston, then shuttle/limo it to Galveston and back when we return. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shuttle bus or limo service that you've used? (Also an inexpensive hotel in Galveston for one night may be nice also, if you can suggest one!) Thanks in advance!

89 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Hmm, the nightly rate is around $75 at La Quinta...

That means they are charging $175 for the ride...

If you have 2 people, you could save a bit by taking the Royal Caribbean Shuttle from Hobby. It's $64 each way so $128 total.

Saves $50...though you have to go from the hotel back to the airport to get taken to the port...

But that's 5 drinks...

new zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

looking for a shuttle from the houston aiport to the galveston cruise terminal for 3 september 2017 any ideas thanks

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

This is an updated list of shuttle/transportation to Galveston

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g56003…

1 post
Save Reply
84. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

My wife found a very reasonable transportation company. I dont have their phone number, but the name of the company is Great VIP Limo.

Houston, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
85. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

If it hasn't been mentioned, here is a full list of options from Houston to Galveston:

galvestoncruisetips.com/how-to-get-to-the-ga…

1 post
Save Reply
86. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

cruiseshipshuttel@gmail.com is his e-mail and the Website is http://www.cruiseshipshuttle.com/

Wisconsin
3 posts
Save Reply
87. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Family of 8 adults 9 children booked on Royal Caribbean in February out of Galveston. First time in this port vs. the simplicity of MIA/FLL. Does anyone have any recommendations for our 4 families that can come close to the reasonable prices out of Florida ports? The math of $80 rt per person is a bit of a stretch. Maybe rent a van and 1 adult shuttles everyone? Any other creative ideas? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Call Galveston Shuttle & Limo 409-761-1184 or get a quote from their website galveston-shuttle dot com, they offer large group transfers with reasonable rates. I believe they charge $25 per person for large groups.

Galveston, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston

Galveston Express probably has the best rates for large groups. You can either choose private shuttles or the shared shuttle to take advantage of discounts for seniors and children. It's just a question of math as to which way is cheaper. www.galvestonexpress.com

Mentioned in this post
Galveston Express
Galveston Express
134 Reviews
Galveston Island, TX
Reply to: Shuttle Service from Houston Hobby to Port of Galveston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted