We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple questions

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Couple questions

Hi

Is it best to change out there or at home?

Also best place to buy cigarettes? I normally do at the airport but if better deals in resort would be good to know!

Thank you for any help

9 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,483 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple questions

I would change in your room when at home or on holiday.

Spanish style is good for cigs, don't buy from the cheap Indian shops some are fakes.

Edited: 21 December 2017, 01:35
preston
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple questions

Change wherever you want to. If you get arrested, just say it told you it’s ok. Fags can be got very cheap in the resorts, but as Clare says the cheaper they are the more likely they are to be fakes, and I know by experience, thought I was getting a bargain and ended up binning hundreds of them.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
652 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple questions

Did you mean change your clothes or change your money?????????????//

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple questions

Spanish style shops cheapest for cigs that are not fake

north west england
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
475 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple questions

As often mentioned on the forum, it really makes no difference where you change money. There will probably be fraction of a cent difference. It won't buy you a bag of crisps over the course of your holiday. Change wherever is most convenient. For me, that's in the UK. We change about £150 - enough for the taxi from the airport, some stocking up of the apartment, first night's dinner, etc. Then we use our credit card to pay for things in shops and restaurants, or to withdraw cash from ATMs. It's invariably a better rate than changing cash - but you need to make sure your card is one of those that don't have "overseas" penalty fees (ours is the Halifax Clarity)

Ciudad Quesada...
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple questions

Today 1.10 in pdla. Fags (menthol) just under 30 euro a sleeve from fund grube las vistas beach

north west england
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
475 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple questions

And, by way of comparision with the pdla rate of €1.10, Sainsbury's rate is €1.106 so, as usual, a fraction of a cent difference.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
652 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couple questions

It was E1.11 at premier, nr pizza may, & E1.10 or lower everywhere we saw today in Los Cris

london
Level Contributor
65 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couple questions

oh god! meant change as in money lol!

but thank you all for your help

Reply to: Couple questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics