We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
876 posts
268 reviews
Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Hi need advise please. Just booked flights only for April and I am looking at hotels. I can see one I want to book but unsure how to do this. I have only ever been on package holidays to Tenerife. If I book a hotel using my credit card am I covered if they go bust or my flight gets cancelled? We were looking to book direct with the hotel. The price given states no cancellation. It’s an extra £200 to pay on arrival. I do have travel insurance. Thank you

26 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Right your flight is sorted...and will be covered if you paid by credit card, and you do have insurance.

Which company have you seen your hotel you wish to book with?.......let us know and we can help you.

When I pay I always use my credit card.....and I always have insurance in place.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 04:38
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
876 posts
268 reviews
2. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Tigotan hotel. Dream Palace hotels and resorts. Also giving me a price in Euro

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Beautiful hotel...I stayed a few times when it was noelia Sur.

Have you priced it up with

Sunshine

Travelrepublic

Alpharooms

Booking.com

These are the one I tend to use....and price up before the hotel, then I book the cheapest.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
876 posts
268 reviews
4. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Thank you Claire . I will try that first of all and let you know how I get on

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Ok don’t book anything till your 100% happy and everyone on here is more than happy to help you.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
876 posts
268 reviews
6. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Hi Claire

I checked all those companies and they are more expensive.

I went to Trivago and they directed me to hotel website. It’s saying booking via hotel is the cheapest way to book. TBH it looks too good to be true. Eg with Sunshine holidays. £758. Direct with hotel £534 which they have converted to euro €594.10

I am just a bit wary!

Edited: 22 September 2018, 05:05
Level Contributor
243 posts
7. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

We booked direct with tigotan last year, paid the balance on arrival, no problems.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
876 posts
268 reviews
8. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Hi Ian I saw that you could do that but the price we have been given is pay on booking no refund. £200 extra to pay on arrival! We are in Tenerife next week so we will call in and see hotel but I really am unsure about paying in full as I haven’t done this before. Thanks Anne

Edited: 22 September 2018, 05:41
Workington, United...
Level Contributor
972 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

More often nowadays if you pay up front for most hotels, home or abroad. You get it cheaper,

north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
544 reviews
10. Re: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?

Anne7653 - it is common for hotels to offer two rates. A cheaper one as you describe - paid in full in advance with no refund if cancelled. And a more expensive one which you can cancel with notice. We would always choose to pay the extra to allow the flexibility of cancellation - it allows us the flexibility to deal with changing family circumstances - unless we were travelling at the last minute when cancellation would be unlikely. My last time of falling foul of "no refund" was a couple of years back with a UK hotel reservation - fortunately it is was only one night.

Reply to: Help booked flights how do I pay hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics