We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats Tenerife like in early December

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whats Tenerife like in early December

We are thinking of going to Playa de las Americas in early December but I thought it might be too quiet for the children etc. Can anyone help me. thanks.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

It is generally one of Tenerifes quieter periods with the lead up to christmas ,that said i think your kids will still love it .

This period is when a lot of places close for the season clean up and refurbs .

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

Hi Dennis

While we do not stay in PDLA, we have in the past had a holiday the first two weeks in December and I agree with Oneleg that all over we found the island very quiet {that included the hotel that was only about half full}. The one good thing was that at least we did not have any waiting in line to visit any attractions that we went to and our retun flight had plenty of empty seats.

Still as an overall thought the weather was far better than in the UK

Regards

Sparhawk1

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

Hi although we have never been in december we have had many holidays in November and January, including when the children were small. Tenerife is a lovely island with lots to do. It is warm enough to spend the day on the beach or around the pool. Many of the water parks have heated pools and are all open. I am sure you will all have a lovely time. We have already booked for November.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
up north
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

we went once in early december and its very quiet but that didnt bother us. the temps were around 70f but we dropped unlucky and got a lot of cloudy days as well.having said that its a lot warmer than back home.but we preferred early november when the temps were a lot better.

Edited: 16 May 2010, 18:48
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
416 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

I would agree with the previous post. We have been a few times early December through to late January. Obviously the weather is much better than at home, but the prices or the holiday and spends are the same as November or end of Febuary when the weather is much better.

If like us, you want to "buy the sunshine", I would personally chose a different time.

Sunny London
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

Hi

Also remember if your children are looking to pal up with others the youngsters are very few at that time as most will come during the school holidays. Most of the visitors are early swallows around then.

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

Hi Everyone , Thanks for all the replies thats really helped. Over all it seems it must be quiet. We were thinking either early december or the Christmas/New Year time. We always go Christmas/New Year but its very expensive. Our children are teenagers now so would it be quieter and not as much children around in early December. We normally go to pdla. Is there any differences between early december and christmas/ny. Thanks.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

Hi, when our children were younger we would go in early January. The cost of flights and package holidays are very good value after the New Year. We always had a great time, as Spanish people celebrate Christmas up to 12th Night, (6th January), when they exchange presents. We always had a great time, the children had two Christmas's which they loved!!

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

Hi Rickybear , Thank you for all your help that sounds great. Our children arn't keen on going in early december as they love the fireworks for Christmas/New Year.

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats Tenerife like in early December

We have decided that were going from the 3rd to the 10th of December. My children are still worried that it will be too quiet as there teenagers and we are used to the christmas/new year time. Can anyone advise me on this time of year. thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics