We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tenerife v Turkey

manchester
5 posts
Save Topic
tenerife v Turkey

Hi girls and guys

I am travelling with my 19 month old daughter my partner and my mum and dad (chief babysitters) to either tenerife or Turkey, My choice is playa de las Americas. Understandably i am wanting as much info on both destinations regards how child friendly they are (especially as she is so young) and what is there for her to do in the bars eyc, i heard that some places have soft play areas, bouncy castles etc, Any of these in tenerife or turkey, also best hotel, I am looking at the Bitacora, but welcome suggestions xxx

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tenerife v Turkey

well someone who has been with kids to both would be better than me, hotel with kids club or family hotel, what time of the year are you going as turkey is not warm all year around been to both a lot and teneife is better in the winter months,plus the beaches are better in tenerife as the beaches in turkey are very pebley must bars are kid friendly as your want your cash, like i have sid maybe more info may help somone answer you better.

Good luck

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tenerife v Turkey

Hi lealea, maybe i can help, just back from Turkey 11 days ago and heading to Las Americas in 6 weeks, i visit both places every year, i could definately answer your questions better if i had a bit more info, such as-

When do you plan to Travel, will it be 7 or 14 Nights, are you Beach Lovers, what time are you likely to head home in the evenings, Are you keen on Waterparks and Zoos etc.....do you like to Walk allot, What Board Basis will you be staying on and finaly!!!!!!!!!! sorry about the 20 questions! ha ha, when it's Mum and Dads babysitting nights, will you and your partner be making the most of it having a few cheeky drinks till the early hours or looking to Dine out? x

London, UK
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tenerife v Turkey

Hi,

I haven't been to Turkey but have been to Tenerife lots. The Bitacora is an excellent choice - very child friendly. They have kids clubs and play areas and kids entertainment. Your little one won't be old enough for the kids clubs but will enjoy the mini disco! You can also take her into the play area and stay with her. Its very well located also. Playa de Las Americas is very flat and very good for little legs and pushchairs. It's warm year round. Children are very welcome in bars and restaurants. The seafront is all flat and pedestrianised - you can walk one way to Los Cristianos all along the seafront, browsing the bars, restaurants and shops along the way. you can walk the other way to Peurto Colon - there are a few steps to the higher level walk at the end. The beaches - particularly Las Vistas are nice for children.

There are lots of excursions. There are 2 waterparks of which Siam park is best imo. Free buses take you there and there is a fab kids section and a large man made beach with pools. The Monkey Park is a short cab ride, cheap and a nice half day out. Jungle park is there also and a free bus goes there. Loro Park is good but is in the North and a good 1.5 hour coach journey. There is mini golf in resort and a little area with trampolines etc. You are well located also for your grown up nights out! Lots of nice bars, restaurants and shops. Lots of busier nightlife if you like that also!

I would recommend PDLA for families with small children. And, its only a 15-20 minute transfer from the airport.

Kelly :)

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Playa de las Americas
Playa de las Americas
Tenerife, Spain
Los Cristianos
Los Cristianos
Tenerife, Spain
Siam Park
Siam Park
24,852 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
manchester
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tenerife v Turkey

Oh yeah, sorry i forgot to mention we are going on the 1st October x

manchester
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tenerife v Turkey

thanks Kingstontown, we are going for 2 week begining of october, we are quite an active family, love water parks and the zoos will be great for our daughter (sienna), we will be hitting some of the bars occasionally :), We are wanting all inclusive at least 4 star,

manchester
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tenerife v Turkey

So glad i registered on here, you are all so helpfull and very well informed, please keep the advise going, thanks Kelly for your help also x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tenerife v Turkey

Hi, Ive been to turkey and tenerife although my kids are 7 and above.

This is a bit of a hard one as i think it depends if you like to stay based at hotel or go out and explore.

I love both places :)

There are some great hotels in turkey that have water parks and kids clubs that cater for your age range but i cant think of anything that caters for kids in main resorts at pubs etc.. unless i missed them

In Tenerife you have bars that have areas that cater for children with small rides, bouncy castles, crazy golf etc

As i said i love both but my kids would prefer a night out in tenerife as it has more activities for them.

Hope this helps a little

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tenerife v Turkey

Ps.. it was las americas we just recently returned from.

up north
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tenerife v Turkey

only went once to turkey, never again spent half the holiday on the toilet !!

everyone else was the same with stomach upsets.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
545 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tenerife v Turkey

We are Tenerife veterans and we've only just returned from our first ever holiday in Turkey (Icmeler).

We loved it in Icmeler, its absolutely lovely and would highly recommend it to anyone we will definitely return next summer.

But I would say in October PDLA is a much better option if only for the weather, it will still very nice (as ever is) in Tenerife but apparently could be hit & miss in Turkey in October we were told.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics