We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping rip-off

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Shopping rip-off

Beware of seafront outlet 'TEAM'. They are very good salesmen who will sell you cameras for 4 x retail value. I was a mug who got caught, and will put it down to experience. Their ploy is to show you the ticketed price and then a comparison with Currys or Jessops at a much higher price. The comparison brochures are fake. STAY AWAY.

212 replies to this topic
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
201. Re: Shopping rip-off

What a joke,Merseyside,crime capital of the U.K.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
759 posts
202. Re: Shopping rip-off

You started it... Trevkay in 1066.....

Mugging the tourists

lol

Edited: 20 September 2018, 03:56
north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
554 reviews
203. Re: Shopping rip-off

I'm always surprised that the Battle of Hastings wasn't actually fought at Hastings but a bit inland at a place called Battle. One heck of a co-incidence, isn't it - a battle being fought at Battle.

southport
Level Contributor
989 posts
117 reviews
204. Re: Shopping rip-off

Ok so this just might be me but why would anyone buy these type of things whilst in another country, its not like you can just pop back to the shop if it goes wrong a couple of months later, and to put you mind as rest harters it was named Battle after the battle,Following the battle William the Conqueror built Battle Abbey – a penance ordered by the Pope for the loss of life incurred in the conflict. and the village grow up around it.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
205. Re: Shopping rip-off

I'm afraid I also was duped by these Indian guy's,they Trade under the name AMAZING.AVD.Already Fumero.C.C.Carlota.Local.6.

38660 ARONA-Tenerife..Sold me a fugicell tablet..ripped off.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
206. Re: Shopping rip-off

Yes Ime afraid the Internet is full of reports.All Indian traders not Spanish,it’s disgusting that the police do nothing about it.

Birchington, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
10 reviews
207. Re: Shopping rip-off

Do you actually know that the scams are made by ALL INDIANS? My SIN is Turkish, but he has been confused for Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, Afghan, so many Middle Eastern people look similar but they are all different. It seems harsh to tar everyone the same, especially by someone who does not come across as very worldly-wise.

208. Re: Shopping rip-off

I got caught out in Tenerife this week, ending up with something I was talked into getting, not needing and getting ripped off at same time. No receipt or guarantee for Android tablets bought for kids Xmas presents. The shop is called Fashion Square in Adeje, Tenerife.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,982 posts
103 reviews
209. Re: Shopping rip-off

Sorry, but if you allow yourself to be talked into buying something you neither want nor need, there is only one person to blame. You look into a mirror to see them.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
5 reviews
210. Re: Shopping rip-off

So what does Nosferatu do if he ends up with something he didn't want or need?

Reply to: Shopping rip-off
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics