We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving

Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
4 helpful votes
Thanksgiving
Save

Where can we get a good traditional Meal in Odessa on Thanksgiving day?

3 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
362 reviews
710 helpful votes
1. Re: Thanksgiving
Save

KarmaKittie--

I spent two years in Odessa one summer about 35 years ago, and, at that time, there simply wasn't a good restaurant in the entire city--you had to go to Midland to get a good meal. In Odessa, the best meals were at TGI Friday's, Chili's, etc., and in looking through what's available now, it seems that's still the case (unless you're looking for TexMex or burgers).

You might check the local newspaper (either the Odessa American or the Midland Reporter-Telegram on a Sunday edition early in November) to see if any of the hotels in Midland are having buffet-style meals. That would probably be your best bet. I seriously doubt you'll find much in Odessa, as it's a family town, and people just didn't seem to dine out much.

Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
860 reviews
2,566 helpful votes
2. Re: Thanksgiving
Save

The Hilton in Midland has done a Thanksgiving spread in years past. Wall Street Bar and Grill, also in Midland, was also open on Thanksgiving the last time I was in town on that date. It's only about 23 miles from Odessa to midland. I am assume places like the Ramada inn Odessa are open that day but but it has been decades since I was last in Odessa.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
860 reviews
2,566 helpful votes
3. Re: Thanksgiving
Save

You might want to Google Harrigans bar and grill or the Bard Door, both in Odessa, to see if they are open that day.

Reply to: Thanksgiving
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Odessa
Recent Conversations
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.