We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

state of things

veraz
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
state of things

We love going to Rockport with kids and plan to do so this year again. I was wondering how the recovery is going after Harvey devastation? Are things mostly back to normal (businesses open, beach)? We were planning to go end of April/early May.

4 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
397 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: state of things

We are in the area of Rockport right now.We came down on our boat from Galveston,for the Oyster Festival in a few days.We are currently anchored out in Aransas Bay.

We have not gone ashore yet. We are going tomorrow.

But I can tell you that most places are open.

Rockport Beach is open.

Key Allegro canals are currently closed.The crews are still dredging up rooftops and debris.

Our friends have a house on Key Allegro.So we are coming to visit them.Tomorrow the HOA is having a get together to discuss future happenings.

I know Charlotte Plummer's restaurant is open.

If you look at

www.rockport-fulton.org

You can determine if a visit is for you.

The site is very informative since the hurricane.

I don't think you will have a problem.

The folks here need you patronage.

Mentioned in this post
Rockport
Rockport
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Rockport Beach
Rockport Beach
644 Reviews
Rockport, TX
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Save Reply
2. Re: state of things

Yes. We have more than 500 businesses open, 50 Restaurants and Fast Food Open and 648 rooms available for overnight rental. Find yourself in Rockport-Fulton and you’ll be so glad you did.

Mentioned in this post
Rockport
Rockport
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: state of things

We're making lots of progress. The major debris will have been removed by mid-March. I don't know how old your children are, but you should be aware of two things - 1) the Aquarium is no longer here and 2) the Art Center has moved to Austin Street. They still offer the wonderful, Saturday Family Craft Days. You'll still have a wonderful time and make new memories

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
veraz
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: state of things

Thanks, folks, for the responses! I'm glad to hear the recovery is well under way and we'd love to continue supporting our favorite beach town by bringing business there.

Sad to hear about the Aquarium :(. That sure was a special little place.

Reply to: state of things
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockport
Recent Conversations