We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Trip

Manakin Sabot...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Trip

What is the best city to visit in Texas for a girls trip? We plan to arrive on a Thursday and depart on Tuesday. Three girls coming from Virginia and one from Colorado.

We like to shop, eat, sight see, drink, the usual girls trip. We usually look for somewhere easy to fly into that we won't have to drive far to and from the airport, that has VRBO homes to rent, things we want to do closeby. I am not sure what the traffic would be like in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, renting a car for a day trip would not be out of the question unless traffic is horrendous.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Our previous trips have been to Savannah Ga, Sedona Az, and Cape Cod.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
12 replies to this topic
Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Girls Trip

First, certainly pass on el paso, which may be the worst girls' trip destination this side is tijuana.

For a fun, easy navigation & awesome Texas experience for first timers- San Antonio. If you've got the time, I'd fly into Austin, meet and explore our capitol a bit, hit south congress for quirky shopping then head down I-35 to San Antonio. There's a ton to see, eat & experience within walking distance & some easy, close day trips in Fredricksburg, Boerne, Banderas & luckenbach. How many days will y'all have here? I'm happy to make you a sample itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
Austin
Austin
Texas
Boerne
Boerne
Texas
Manakin Sabot...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Girls Trip

thanks so much for your suggestions. We are flying in on Thursday (9/14) and leaving Tuesday (9/19) so we have 4 full days to visit (Friday thru Monday).

Reply to: Girls Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Texas City