We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SLC to Hanksville

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
SLC to Hanksville

Hello,

I need to get from Salt Lake City to Hanksville (The Hanksville Inn) via public/private transport. Renting a car isn't an option. I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Toquerville UT
Level Contributor
895 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SLC to Hanksville

There just isn't any public transportation to that area, next best would be to charter a small plane or helicopter. What are your plans once you're there?

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SLC to Hanksville

The closest places you can get by public transport are Richfield or Green River. After that you are looking for a ride.

Mentioned in this post
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,950 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SLC to Hanksville

Yah, that will be problematic. Don't know of any public transportation or regular shuttles into that region. Yes, there is a private airport in Hanksville so private aircraft charter is a possibility, as would be taxi from SLC. Both would obviously be quite expensive.

It's just a really remote area without sufficient demand to warrant public transportation services. You can get to Green River, about 60 miles away, via Amtrak. But I know of nothing connecting to Hanksville.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SLC to Hanksville

This is going to be tricky. Hanksville is in the middle of the desert and it isn't a strong tourist base like Moab or Springdale that would have shuttle options. You're really going to need to look for a private ride.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: SLC to Hanksville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hanksville