We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wax Skis

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
Wax Skis

On previous trips to Utah, we've brought an iron/wax/clamps, and waxed each day after skiing, which at times can be in the hotel room or an indoor garage where we can find an electrical outlet. We visit PC again next week. Is there a particular PC area ski shop that would be able to wax at day's end, while we wait or come back for pickup before they close at night? I'd like to leave the iron/waxes/clamps/etc at home, if I can get a place to wax and not have to wait overnight and a.m. pickup. We plan to ski a different area each day, so not really an option to leave it at a specific mountain's shop.

Thanks in advance for any info. Say No To Summer!

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wax Skis

Any of the shops will do it. You can also get it done at ski valet at Deer Valley. Not sure at PC. No one is going to do it while you wait. If you're skiing Park City, just leave your skis at Rennstall in the plaza and they'll have them ready in the morning.

FYI, I ski 75 days a year. I would never take the time to do this every day. It does help a bit more in the spring. But do you want to spend $15/day just for a hot wax?

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wax Skis

Thanks for the info. Yes, we have been a bit AR about wax and edges, even with 80+ days / season in some years. I'm pretty much done with my ski patrol days in VT though, so those ski days sadly will just be a memory. I'll leave the wax iron at Home this trip.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wax Skis

You'll love the guys at Rennstall - bunch of former World Cup techs. Great operation. You pay a bit more there but well worth it. It's right next to the skating rink in the resort plaza. Frankly, I should pay more attention. Heading out to Deer Valley in the morning.

Another good shop to check out is Podium, although not at the resort.

Have fun.

4. Re: Wax Skis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2018, 13:17