We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy hike for a group

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Easy hike for a group

I need suggestions for an easier scenic hike in the Park City/Heber area for 10-15 people, mostly teenagers who don't love hiking and fitness levels vary. We'll be staying in Park City June 14-16.

I'm from Salt Lake so I know the area but we always bike in Park City. I can't think of any easier hikes. These kids also live at elevation so that won't be a factor to consider.

The only hike I could think of was to drop them off at the top of the Pioneer Trail at the summit in East Canyon and let them hike down the trail to the creek.

Any other suggestions? I hiked once in Deer Valley but I can't remember it.

utah
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy hike for a group

Rail trail comes to mind:

www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/railtrl.htm

Mid mountain is more steep but maybe worth it because it's interesting and shaded?

If you have the budget for it, Park City Mountain Resort has some great options, but you have to pay for the ski lift.

Edited: 28 April 2017, 04:59
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy hike for a group

Thanks.

No budget to ride the lift up at Park City.

I should have said that I'm looking for hiking only trails or lower biking traffic. Mid mountain is usually way too busy with bikes. Passing a group of 15 would not be fun for either hikers or bikers.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,429 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy hike for a group

Rob's Trail is a great choice. It's up Bear Hollow off SR224. Look up trails at www.mountaintrails.org. The group can up up as far as they wish. It climbs but very moderately. Wonderful trail through the forest. The Mid Mountain Trail is another option. It's basically following the 8,500 foot contour so not a lot of elevation change. You could drop the group off at Empire Lodge (or have them take the bus) and have them walk to Park City. A bit of a longish outing. The rail trail is an option but it's flat as a pancake and very exposed. Not so much fun hiking. Rob's Trail will be perfect as it's shaded.

Have fun.

4. Re: Easy hike for a group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 14:18