We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic hike around Park City - late May afternoon

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,645 posts
25 reviews
Scenic hike around Park City - late May afternoon

My husband and I have an afternoon and evening around Park City on Sunday May 28. He finishes a conference around 3p at the University of Utah.

Was going to drive towards Park City and hope to find a short scenic hiking trail (3 hrs max, 4-6 miles elevation change ok) before going to Park City for dinner.

We are staying in downtown SLC so will return there after dinner.

Any suggestions for a trail? Oh should mention we hike most weekends so harder trails with elevation change that has good payoff views are ok.

Edited: 07 May 2017, 08:32
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
5,309 posts
33 reviews
21. Re: Scenic hike around Park City - late May afternoon

Perkins would be a good option. Might be cooler temps than Living Room too as it's a little higher elevation. There is a pretty steep ascent up to the ridge line, but the rest is fairly mellow.

You can still go to the museum too. Just head Up emigration canyon after the museum.

For dining in PC, Handle is good. High west is another. River Horse on Main is reputed to be one of the best in PC.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,645 posts
25 reviews
22. Re: Scenic hike around Park City - late May afternoon

Well pfffbt.... the Mr. ran out of steam so no hiking. I went to Antelope Island (worth the drive) by myself earlier in the day and didn't get back to pick him up until 3.30p.

We went to the Natural History Museum and the Red Butte Garden. We did walk up the hill of the new water conservation garden and up a spur of a hiking trail. But did not attempt to go further up. Views were great nevertheless.

Then we drove to Park City via Emigrant Canyon.

Walked around Main Street and found River Horse but didn't really find anything we wanted to eat. So walkyd to the village/town lift area and ate at the Italian place Buana Vita. It was ok. Maybe should have gone to Bodega after all. I wanted to go to 501 on Main for the risotto but the Mr. didn't see anything he wanted.

I am glad we went but he was too tired.

Would love to come back during ski season. I am dying to try the dry snow here. Only know my California Sierra Cement. :P

Thanks for all the help anyways. This is a lovely area with so much outdoors activities. You all are so lucky. We have to travel a bit more in the he SF Bay Area.

We will be back for sure. To ski, to Moab, to Yellowstone/Tetons by way of Kemmerer for fish fossils.

23. Re: Scenic hike around Park City - late May afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 14:19