We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waldorf vs. st regis???

East Northport, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
waldorf vs. st regis???

if you were to stay at one of the above with two teenagers during the summer which would you choose????

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,559 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

Welcome to the forum. Night and day difference. I would say that neither of them are optimum. But the St. Regis is a world ahead of Waldorf in quality. I'm not just a fan of the Waldorf here. Really poor location next to resort maintenance area. Just not attractive. Have been there many times and never had good service. St. Regis is in wonderfully scenic location. Very high level of service. Great hotel layout. Very comfortable, large rooms. Only thing is it's a bit out of the loop of activity in summer. If you're OK on summer solitude, it's a great choice. Easy access to free bus and then five minutes to Main Street.

If those are your two choices, St. Regis wins hands down.

Have fun.

East Northport, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

Ok so what would be your optimal choice it could be in either park city or deer valley?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,559 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

I got to thinking about this later. If you're looking for that quality level, then St. Regis may be the best. The only downside is that it's not right in the action - like on Main Street. Marriott Summit Watch is a nice go-to place right on Main Street, so you are walking distance to hundreds of restaurants and shops. Very nice property but not in same class as St. Regis. Pool not great. Lots of other great condo-hotels on Main like Caledonian and Lift Lodge but not same quality as St. Regis. Over at Canyons (where Waldorf is) the other property that I like to recommend is Grand Summit, the primary base area hotel at Canyons Village. It's not St. Regis quality, but extremely nice with a killer pool. Location is very nice. Some restaurants in the village and some activities.

Beyond that, over at Deer Valley, maybe look at Stein Eriksen Lodge or Montage. But St. Regis probably will be your favorite.

All things considered, I think St. Regis is probably your best choice. Really nice property just alone on the mountain.

Have fun.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

I think Regis wipes your butt for you while waldorf just hands you the toilet paper :)

utah
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

While Tumbleweed is correct that St. Regis is out of the action, I want to make sure you have the right context. Park City is a small place - you aren't going to too far away from anything no matter where you are. It's not downtown, but its not far from down town.

newport beach
Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

I've stayed at both. I like the Waldorf a little better mainly because I get a 2000 sq foot suite for less the same price as a standard St Regis room.( I have 3 small kids). The St Regis location is nicer because in Deer Valley but farther from main st. Waldorf location is in Canyons would is not nearly as scenic. We usually spend a day at the Olympic park and another at the zip line/activity park near Canyons. For those saying Waldorf is a major step down from St Regis I would strongly disagree.

Kind of funny incident happened to me at Waldorf last June. The air conditioning wasn't working on the second floor of our bi-level. I had to call maintenance a few times. I'm not a complainer and really didn't complain to anyone. Anyway a manager offered my family a "free" meal at their restaurant. When we got to restaurant our waiter said " oh you are lucky alcohol is included". I had initially ordered a cheap glass of wine but waiter said nonsense and came back with a very expensive bottle of wine. Fast forward to the end

of dinner...the waiter looking very sad said he just found out alcohol was NOT included! Again I'm not a big

complainer so I just told him no problem. So with tip and paying for this bottle of wine it was about $300.

...hey after remembering all this maybe St Regis is the better option lol

7. Re: waldorf vs. st regis???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 14:19