We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the drive like from park city to sun valley?

East Northport, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what is the drive like from park city to sun valley?

I'm not familiar with the area and any insight would be great. Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,423 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the drive like from park city to sun valley?

It's pretty simple and straightforward. What time of year? It will be about six hours with a stop. Most of it is on interstate highway through wide open desert. No mountains of any kind after you cross Parley's Summit right out of Park City. If it's winter and you want to avoid that, you can go around on I-84 and have no mountains at all.

Main route is Park City to Salt Lake City on I-80, then picking up I-15 to I-84. In Twin Falls hop onto US93 and drive the final two hours up to Sun Valley. It's a notably scenic route but you do have great wide open vistas of vast desert and distant mountains the entire trip.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the drive like from park city to sun valley?

"It's a notably scenic route"

I think that's meant to be NOT a notably scenic route. I hate that drive! Boring, always seems twice as far as it actually is. Probably partly due to the fact I'm usually looking forward to being in the Sawtooths.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,113 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the drive like from park city to sun valley?

Yes, with the exception of I 84 through Weber Canyon and a section between about Tremonton and about the Idaho State Line, I-84 to Twin Falls from Park City is rather boring. Otherwise, it's lots of wide open spaces, farm land. That said, if you haven't experienced that kind of landscape, you may find it scenic.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
4. Re: what is the drive like from park city to sun valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2018, 13:18