We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th fireworks

East Northport, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th fireworks

What would be good restaurant recommendations to watch fireworks from?

Half-Day Park City Tour From Salt...
5 Reviews
from US$60.00*
Free Cancellation
3-Hour Salt Lake City Tour
8 Reviews
from US$50.00*
Free Cancellation
Park City Junior Ski Package Delivery
from US$27.64*
Free Cancellation
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
18,520 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th fireworks

T&C, who lives in Park City, may come along with better information. But I'm familiar with PC - used to live there. I can't think of any restaurants that would have good views of the fireworks unless there's something at the resort plaza. But for me, that would be a little too close for comfort.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
5,151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th fireworks

Seems like last year they launched the fireworks from park city ski area's base. That might block all of the views from restaurants on Main St. Restaurants at Park City ski area might be too close or not situated correctly to actually see anything either.

You could look into the rooftop patio of Boneyard and Wine Dive, as it may have the views you're looking for. I was there last 4th but came back to SLC for fireworks, so not sure if you could actually see the fireworks in PC. Seems like it might be a good spot though.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Salt Lake City Intl Airport
Salt Lake City Intl...
Salt Lake City, UT
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,182 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th fireworks

I honestly can't think of any restaurant that will offer you a reasonable view. I get what you're trying to do, but given where they shoot and what's around, just not much opportunity.

That said, two places that are worth calling to ask. First is Ruth's Chris steak house at Hotel Park City. See if they have patio seating on the golf course side that has a view to Park City. That actually might work. Other place to check is Silver Star Cafe (as seen on DDD). Their outdoor seating is on the wrong side, but you could probably just get up and walk around. Ask them.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection
Hotel Park City...
949 Reviews
Park City, UT
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Silver Star Cafe
Silver Star Cafe
269 Reviews
Park City, UT
4. Re: July 4th fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2018, 13:18