We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River rafting with kids

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
River rafting with kids

Thinking about planning a river rafting adventure. My kids are 11 and 9. Has anyone done this before and if so wd my kids enjoy it or would it be to dangerous?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,126 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: River rafting with kids

Closest rafting to Park City would be on the Provo River. The Provo River is not a big river with huge rapids. It would be safe for your children. The wearing of life jackets would be required by raft trip providers.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: River rafting with kids

Thank you

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,126 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: River rafting with kids

Here's the link to the company that does raft trips on the Provo River.

http://highcountryadventure.com/

utah
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: River rafting with kids

Floating down the Provo river is fun, but it's not what you would really call a rafting trip. If you are seriously considering a rafting trip, I recommend the Snake river out of Jackson, Wyoming. There are tons of different options - rafting is quite safe unless you do something really crazy - which wouldn't be available to children than age anyway.

5. Re: River rafting with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2018, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Park City