We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

Next July our family will be spending a day in Park City and the kids want to ride the different coasters / ziplines / etc at Park City Mountain Resort. We would really appreciate if someone can give us tips to get the most of our visit (best time of day to avoid crowds, type of ticket to purchase, etc.) We'll spend Sunday July 12 (how are crowds on Sundays?) and our kids are 19 and 15 plus wife and me. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Park City Mountain Resort
1,749 Reviews
Park City, UT
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
17,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

Here's a link for more information. I have no ideas about crowds though.

parkcitymountain.com/site/summer/activities

Edited: 24 April 2015, 08:42
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,956 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

I wouldn't too much about the crowds. We've never had much of an issue with it. Sunday is also Park Silly Sunday Market on lower Main Street - also something to do that day. General rule of thumb would be going on the earlier side rather than peak of afternoon. I'm not sure on the pass situation.

In addition to PCMR, Canyons Resort has a great zip line system and the Utah Olympic Park has outstanding zip lines that follow the ski jumps down the hill.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Utah Olympic Park
Utah Olympic Park
2,019 Reviews
Park City, UT
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

Thank you very much CeBe46 and TumbleweedandCactus!

Is there place to park an RV at Park City Mountain Resort or shall we take a taxi from the Park City RV Park to the resort?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
1,749 Reviews
Park City, UT
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,969 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

The parking lot at the base of PCMR is huge. Parking an RV shouldn't be an issue.

And I would echo the thought of checking out Utah Olympic Park. It has not the longest or highest zipline, but the steepest in America and one of the steepest in the world. I think a bobsled run would be a thrill too.

If you do go to Silly Sunday Market, (great way to spend a couple of hours) it would be best to take the free town shuttle or a taxi, as RV parking would be a pain.

Mentioned in this post
Utah Olympic Park
Utah Olympic Park
2,019 Reviews
Park City, UT
5. Re: Park City Mountain Resort in Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2016, 13:15