We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirBnb or Ski Resort?

Skillman, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
AirBnb or Ski Resort?

Hi! A group of my friends and I are going to Killington in December with the intention to ski during the day and go to bars at night. Group of 5 in our mid 20's. Would you recommend staying in the ski resorts to be near all the fun social activities or would staying in an airbnb be fine? Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirBnb or Ski Resort?

If I was you, I'd see what's available for my dates that fits my budget, looking at both condos through the resort and airbnb/vrbo properties, then look at a map and see where it is in relation to skiing and nightlife. Most of the bars and restaurants are spread out along the mountain road, so it's very possible that you can find an airbnb along the mountain road that is closer a bar, than one of the condos at the mountain.

NY
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirBnb or Ski Resort?

North Star Hotel has a "hot pool" - a pool heated up to hot tub temperature which is an outstanding feature for socializing with your friends and new friends. Mountain Sports Inn has a friendly big den room for socializing and also a "secret" apartment that used to be the owners, that you might rent. Turn of River Lodge is an old time ski lodge with living room and fireplace. Also very social. Any of these hotels will be a great place to have a great time! And are near the mountain.

Mentioned in this post
North Star Lodge
North Star Lodge
185 Reviews
Killington, VT
Mountain Sports Inn
Mountain Sports Inn
219 Reviews
Killington, VT
Turn of River Lodge
Turn of River Lodge
7 Reviews