We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester Lodging

Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester Lodging

We will be traveling to Manchester in the next week or so and are looking for lodging. The biggest concern is that the room is very clean; also, not over $125/night or so for 2 adults. Also important is that the lodging have a "novelty" to it, something unique rather than a plain hotel room.

I saw something online that looked perfect, failed to write down the name, and now I can't find it! It had individual cabins and they were the color red on the website, with reasonable rates. Can someone help?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! We also thought about the Manchester View - any opinions?

Mentioned in this post
Manchester View
Manchester View
725 Reviews
Manchester, VT
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
#1 of 17 hotels in Manchester
Wilburton Inn
Wilburton Inn
#3 of 17 hotels in Manchester
Manchester View
Manchester View
#5 of 17 hotels in Manchester
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester Lodging

I don't know of any red cabins in the Manchester area, sorry. Manchester View is a lovely place, and yes the views are a big part of the atraction.

Other than the price factor, I think you'll be happy in most any place in town. I can't say however that any of the hotels or B & B's in town are all that novel.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester View
Manchester View
725 Reviews
Manchester, VT
NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester Lodging

Please stay away from The Manchester View. Yes, the views are nice but that is all that is nice. The owner was not nice at all. The room was musty. The air conditioner dripped water and was extremely noisy. We'll never go back to The Manchester View.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester View
Manchester View
725 Reviews
Manchester, VT
Naugatuck, CT
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester Lodging

Thank you both for your opinions! I tracked down the name of the hotel we were looking at, which I thought were cabins but aren't - The North Shire? They only have a couple of rooms left and it seems like all of the reviews on here are favorable.

Any reports on this motel?

Again, thank you - we appreciate your honest comments!

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester Lodging

I've never been in this property, but it looks nice fromt he outside. You should be aware that it is located on the south edge of town [almost in Sunderland] which means your going to have to drive to everything, on the other hand it is a quite area. You'll be near the last farm in Manchester which has an icecream stand [open only on the weekends in the fall]. You will also get the wonderful views to the south.

5. Re: Manchester Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Manchester