We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother's Day Lunch

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Mother's Day Lunch

Will be taking the drive from CT to Manchester, VT for some shopping with my mother on - Mother's Day! Any suggestions for a nice restaurant I should call to make reservations for two? (No buffets, not sandwiches/diner type places.) Thanks for any input.

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother's Day Lunch

My first thought was of the resturants of the Equinox Hotel starwoodhotels.com/luxury/… I personally love the Dormy Grill if only for the views you get while dinning. I also know you said you didn't want buffets, but you still might consider Sunday Brunch in The Colonnade.

We have a great Mexican resturant in town which serves lunch Candeleros www.candeleros.net/About_Candeleros.html and if the weather is nice you eat outside.

I will check our local paper today, and post latter to let you know if any other nice places are offering Mother's Day lunch.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother's Day Lunch

Is this for lunch or dinner? If it is for dinner here are some of my favorites in the area. Ye Old Tavern- (intown)362-3770. Bistro Henry 362-4982, The Perfect Wife 362-2817, and Mistral's 362-1779.( All 3 are 5-10 minutes outside of the center of Manchester-easy to find- they are all in the same direction Bistro Henry closest and Mistral furthest away.

I don't know which of these places do lunch. Call and ask and while you are at it ask about their menus or if they have a website to peruse! All ph #'s begin with 802. FYI-Mistral's is in a beautiful natural setting. The Equinox is fancy and impressive. It would not hurt to make reservations.

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother's Day Lunch

Thanks for your help, vt mom and dave. I've just made a reservation at the Perfect Wife since they'll be open for a Mother's Day brunch. A couple of places won't be open 'til dinner hour and we'll be well on our way home by then.

Am I reading their ads incorrectly or does Orvis have a couple of locations up there? If so, which is the better place to shop?

Thanks again.

4. Re: Mother's Day Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 13:25
Get answers to your questions about Manchester