We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reviews

Santa Maria...
Level Contributor
120 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant reviews

My daughter and I are looking for a couple of places to eat while in Manchester this summer. In reading the reviews on TA, so many places have mixed reviews - 2 people love it, 2 people hate it! What we're hoping to find is: casual, healthful, inexpensive to moderate. Salads, sandwiches, wraps. We don't need appetizers, alcoholic drinks, or desserts. When we travel, we enjoy our breakfast at our hotel or B&B, snack during the day, and usually have a late lunch/early dinner. We'd be willing to drive to a nearby town or two if anyone has a great suggestion. Thanks for your input!

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reviews

There are so many places to choose from, and the reviews are mixed. Based on what you wrote I'll give you my top three picks. First is the Bryant House vermontcountrystore.com/browse/…30110 it is located in Weston,VT which is just about an 1/2 hour from Manchester, and really worth the visit [this is the home of the Vermont Country Store]. My second recomended place is Zoey's Double Hex http://www.zoeys.com/hex.shtml I believe the best views in town while your enjoying a good meal. Third is Ye Olde Tavern http://www.yeoldetavern.net/ which by the way quite often offers early bird's, and is a neat place to eat. I think you'll be happy with any of these three places.

There is one other place that meets your needs that I know a lot of people like is the Spiral Press Cafe located in the NorthShire Book Store [not my favorite eatery, but I love the book store]

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant reviews

VTmom suggested some good choices.

I haven't been to the Bookstore Cafe, but I'm guessing that is closest to what you are looking for. (The Bookstore is itself great, as mentioned) I think Ye Olde Tavern has a great menu, it has atmosphere, yet is not stuffy..the early bird, keeps the prices down. The food may be a little fancier than you want, but it is enjoyable.

Sirloin Saloon has a very good salad bar in Manchester and a great dark wheat? bread.

Manchester is small so there are not a lot of choices to fit you desires precisely.

3. Re: Restaurant reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 15:34
Get answers to your questions about Manchester