We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding ideas?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding ideas?

Hello!

I'm looking for a charming wedding location in either the Norwich or Quechee area -- preferably somthing outdoors, but would settle for a charmling little non-denominational chapel somewhere. ;-) Any ideas or thoughts out there? Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
The Norwich Inn
The Norwich Inn
370 Reviews
Norwich, VT
southeastern, pa
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding ideas?

Thinking way outside the box - (remember its a Friday)

How about on the bridge over the gorge, and then you bungee jump - hey, its called taking the plunge. God speed. That might get your some TV coverage, sponsors (offset the cost?).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding ideas?

Ha ha brilliant, montco -- problem solved. Trying not to give premature heart attacks to the elderly guests, though, if I can help it -- got anything else? :)

southeastern, pa
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding ideas?

Heard of wedding at UVM chapel but they were grad students. Don't know if they allow "outsiders" but that's of course in Burlington. How about at the top of say, Killington? OR Town square/gazebo in the village of Weston?(lot of them in VT) First over to the Country Store for the reception?

Ben & Jerry's could use the publicity I suppose - first all ice cream served reception. I got millions of them. Seriously, good luck with both endeavors. TGIF.

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding ideas?

Many thanks! Have a GREAT weekend.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding ideas?

Check out Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH (just across from Norwich). Gorgeous campus, great town.

I believe there is a bandstand in the village of South Royalton (about 15 minutes north on 89 from White River Jct) on their green. Give the town clerk a buzz on Monday and see what she has to say.

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth College
Dartmouth College
161 Reviews
Hanover, NH
Hanover
Hanover
New Hampshire
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding ideas?

Another thought in that area is the Lebanon Opera House in Lebanon, NH (just across the river). I've been to a concert there and it is a nice building.

Mentioned in this post
Lebanon
Lebanon
New Hampshire
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding ideas?

Thanks very much, these are all fabulous ideas. My fiancee and I are actually both Dartmouth grads, I've just given up on convincing him to do the "cheesy" on-campus alumni wedding thing. Are you familiar with Nathan's gardens in that area? Or any other small, privately-tended gardens that might be nice? Not sure who will host weddings and who won't. Thanks again!

8. Re: Wedding ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Norwich