We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

Dover, Vermont
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

I lived up there about 13 years ago and would love to visit again this fall. I'm wondering if there is still a tavern on Rt 100 where Mill Brook Rd meets up just as you enter Waitsfield? They used to have the best wings!! How about the pizzeria on Mill Brook Rd? Last one, there was a great breakfast place right on Rt 100 in Warren? We used to swim in the river just up the road. I'm sorry the names are escaping me! Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
139 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

Things have changed a bit. The Mad Mountain Tavern is now the Localfolk Smokehouse. They make good barbeque and the atmosphere is pretty much the same. I haven't had their wings. Bongiorno's is still on Route 17 and is the same. Their wings are really good, too. The breakfast place that was DW Pearls is now Easy Street. They do a somewhat more upscale breakfast, plus good lunches and dinners. The Purple Moon Pub, attached to Easy Street, has a nice atmosphere, live music, and serves dinner (great crispy fish wrap, like a fish taco). Other good breakfast options include Hostel Tevere on Route 100 in Warren, just south of the Sugarbush access road and The Big Picture in Waitsfield (nice cafe at the movie theater).

Mentioned in this post
Dover, Vermont
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

Great thanks for the tips! Those names are ringing a bell!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

Go to Hide Away Inn for the wings. The best! And check out Mad Taco in Waitsfield for lunch - excellent Mexican food. American Fladbread restaurant is superb but the wait is long.

Mentioned in this post
Dover, Vermont
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

I think I remember American Flatbread, is that in the shopping center with Mahuron's (sp?) the grocery store, there used to be a great pizza place there. Anyone know if they still do haunted hay rides in Waitsfield? There was a farm stand right on Rt 100.

Mentioned in this post
American Flatbread
American Flatbread
1,230 Reviews
Burlington, VT
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield

American Flatbread is not in the Mehuron shopping plaza but only 2-3 min drive from there on rt100 south. You can google it.

I was there yesterday, it was delicious. If you are planning to go during Columbus day weekend, the wait may be long

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Restaurants in Warren/Waitsfield
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warren
Recent Conversations