We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late November trip to Virginia

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late November trip to Virginia

My son and I are taking a trip over Thanksgiving. We thought Virginia might be warm enough to enjoy and not too far away from Connecticut. He would like to go out at night, whereas I'm happy to sit with our dog and read a book at night, so a cottage would be nice. I'd like art museums, mountains, walking, restaurants, historical sites, etc.

Any suggestions for a destination that both of us would enjoy?

3 replies to this topic
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late November trip to Virginia

Going out at night implies a town to me, while a cottage implies being in a rural area, so I'm a little fuzzy about what you're looking for exactly. I would investigate Charlottesville, Lexington, Staunton, Warrenton, Roaonoke, Fredericksburg, or Culpeper as being areas that hit at least some of your interests.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late November trip to Virginia

Virginia will be getting pretty cold at the end of november especially in a place like Lexington which is in the mountains.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late November trip to Virginia

Maybe check airbnb.com for a "cottage" in the Richmond, VA area that has an active nightlife, restaurants, history, etc.

Reply to: Late November trip to Virginia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lexington