We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood

We will be traveling to Ko Kood via Ko Chang in February. We are taking the suvarnabhumi burapha shuttle van from BKK . The website says they drop passengers in the Lonely beach area. We plan to just spend the night and catch the 9am speedboat to Koh Kood the next morning

Where do the speedboats depart? What would be a good area to stay for the night? We arrive at 8 or 9 pm so we just need something convenient, clean and comfortable.

As this is high season, I would like to make arrangements in advance. Also how do I book the speedboat to Ko Kood?

Many thanks!!!!!

4 replies to this topic
Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood

9am speedboat goes from Kai Bae. 9:30am speedboat goes from Bang Bao. Both provide for free taxi pick up from resorts between Whits Sand Beach and Bang Bao. 900 baht per person. You can buy tickets from any tour shop on the island (us included !) If you want to save a couple of hundred baht then for 700 you take the wooden boat to Koh Mak, have a layover there for 2 hours, then take the 1pm speedbaot onward to Koh Kood (all on one ticket). As you said you like to do things in advance then let me know if you want the boat tickets booked in advance also.

Edited: 30 October 2017, 12:43
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood

I would stay around Bang Bao area and use the old wooden boat, you don't need to book it in advance, the day before will be fine.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood

I definitely want to take the speedboat. I don't mind paying extra to get to ko kood faster. thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood

Would the Mercure Ko Chang Hideaway be a good location? Is it easy to get transport from the bus drop off to the hotel at night?

Reply to: Best area to stay for transfer to Koh Kood
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Chang