We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family with 12, 15, and 17 year old

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Family with 12, 15, and 17 year old

Hi there,

We are debating between two different locations for a holiday near the beginning of January. We would most likely explore different restaurants so am wondering if it is better for us to stay at South Klong Prao Beach or more north towards Chai Chet. By that, I mean the resort restaurant is not super important to us. We are torn between Chai Chet resort and spending the extra to stay at Emerald Cove. We love to get out and explore but sometimes the kids just want to hang by a pool. We do not usually stay in ultra high end resorts but like it to feel clean and safe. Additionally, I am scared to get it wrong since we are travelling from so far away.

Any input would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Chai Chet Resort
Chai Chet Resort
235 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Santhiya Tree Koh Chang Resort
Santhiya Tree Koh Chang Resort
#2 of 73 hotels in Ko Chang
Garden Resort
Garden Resort
#3 of 73 hotels in Ko Chang
The Dewa Koh Chang
The Dewa Koh Chang
#5 of 73 hotels in Ko Chang
2 replies to this topic
Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family with 12, 15, and 17 year old

Cant really compare as Emerald Cove is the obvious winner in terms of quality. It has has a way bigger pool and also some good beach restaurants nearby . Chai Chet Resort is closer to a supermarket, and small roadside shops and restaurants.

Split your time between the two - as you will avoid eating in the same places.

Maybe have a look at Paradise Resort which is somewhere in between in terms of price and quality and is on a better stretch of beach than either of them. Could stay there or swap that for Chai Chet Resort

Mentioned in this post
Chai Chet Resort
Chai Chet Resort
235 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family with 12, 15, and 17 year old

Thank you for your thoughts, I had not considered splitting up our time but maybe that is something we can look at. I did worry it was an unfair comparison; however, the Chai Chet is quite well reviewed for a three star. Unfortunately as we are rather late to plan our trip, the Paradise is booked up and in fact, I believe these two properties are the only two available that satisfy both our beach and pool requirement. Where do you think the kids would be most likely to meet other families or as it is high season do you imagine there are families everywhere?

Mentioned in this post
Chai Chet Resort
Chai Chet Resort
235 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Reply to: Family with 12, 15, and 17 year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Chang