We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to naxos

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Getting to naxos

Not many travel firms seem to go to much accommodation in naxos, any suggestions?

22 replies to this topic
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
21. Re: Getting to naxos

"Others seem to be stuck in the rut of using Athens the long winded way ..."

Long winded? You have to look at overall travel time from your doorstep at home to the island. I can leave home around 5 pm, drive to Heathrow for a 10 pm flight, and be on Paros by 7 am Greek time the next morning, only 12 hours later (with the 2 hr time difference), and no hotel bill to pay for overnight travel. If I took the 7:25 am Blue Star from Piraeus I would still be on Paros before noon, while you are still waiting for the ferry on Mykonos.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
42 reviews
22. Re: Getting to naxos

We all have our preferred ways of getting to our destination., but to get back to the original post by "the snake "IMO once you make the effort to do the research and travel independently you will never go back to using a travel agent. I find often places that require more effort and time needed to get to are the best and well worth it.

Edited: 13 November 2018, 18:30
Reply to: Getting to naxos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations