We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Path of the Gods from Positano and back

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Path of the Gods from Positano and back

Hello! I have asked this question before, but am still confused....

Do we take a bus from Positano to Bomerano to start our walk? Where do we walk to? How do we get back to Positano? How early do the buses head to Bomerano?

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

All the info is in the previous thread - https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g19486…

what part(s) didn't you understand? Can you clarify?

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

Ok, well. We were thinking we would get up early and take the bus to Bomerano and walk back to Positano. Is that possible? Some poeple have suggested taking the bus to Priano and walking to Positano. Or even Noecelle to Positano. I am just wondering, where should we take the bus to? Can we walk all the way back into town? What is the earliest we can take the bus? Thank you so much for replying!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

You can walk all the way down to Positano even though the official trail ends a bit above there.

By bus you need to get to Amalfi, then switch there to a bus to Agerola/Bomerano.

The current bus schedule is only good through the end of this week (June 11, 2017) and there may be an earlier bus added for the summer, but right now the first bus of the day from Amalfi to Agerola/Bomerano departs at 7:10 and arrives at 7:50. Schedule here: sitasudtrasporti.it/archivio/…0

The only way to make that bus is to make the first bus from Positano to Amalfi (again, this schedule will change next week) departs at 6:10 and arrives at 7 AM (schedule here: http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/archivio/Download/corse/sitasud/Campania/Salerno/71df2647-b590-4823-b7dc-35ccbd2f5734_QUADROXIV_2017_primavera.pdf/0)

The walk from the bus stop to the trail head is a little over a half mile. To see the bus stop in Bomerano on a google map use the address Via Villani, 19, 80051 Pianillo NA, Italy.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

The signposted route from the Nocelle trail head back to Positano, which is the most direct route (and all downhill) requires walking along the busy coast road for about a half mile but I'm not sure there's any way to avoid that. There is a longer, harder route (with some uphill sections) along Via Monsignor Vito Talamo but as far as I know you still wind up walking along the busy coast road for a short while at the end of that.

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

Oh, wow, thank you for all of this information! I really appreciate it so much! You have been so helpful!!!

New York
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

I walked the Path of the Gods this past Saturday and walked all the way back to Positano. Based on the advice of someone who lives here and walks it regularly I came back through Monterpertuso. When I arrived to Nocelle rather than walk down the steps that way, I followed signs to Monterpertuso instead. You did have to walk on the road for a little while, but from what I was told the views down from Monterpertuso are better than Nocelle since you're right above Positano. Whether that was true or not I have no idea, but the views were beautiful. Oh and I made a pit stop for lunch in Monterpertuso.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

That's the slightly longer route back I mentioned. Was a lot of it uphill or just at the beginning from Nocelle?

New York
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Path of the Gods from Positano and back

I'll be honest I don't really recall. I guess after hiking the "Path" itself I was a bit worn out to notice. I do remember though at one point I thought to myself, what the heck was I thinking when I decided to continue on and not take a bus back from Nocelle. In the end though I was glad I did the entire trip on foot.

Reply to: Path of the Gods from Positano and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agerola