We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lacco Ameno

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
26 helpful votes
Lacco Ameno
Save

has anybody been to Lacco Ameno, we are going at the end of May and stopping at the Garden Villas and Resort, its looks fabulous and are looking forward to it

5 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italy
Level Contributor
7,252 posts
34 reviews
127 helpful votes
1. Re: Lacco Ameno
Save

Yes, several times. Lacco itself is not the nicest town/village in Ischia (in my opinion it lacks the picturesque aesthetics of places like Sant'Angelo and Ischia Ponte), but it has some nice features (the rock known as "the Mushroom", L'Albergo della Regina Isabella, one of the most renowned spas in Italy, an interesting archaeological museum and the small church of Santa Restituta).

The location of your accommodation also has great advantages: 1) you're slightly out of the hustle and bustle of Lacco Ameno, without being isolated. 2) Not only you're close to the town, but actually you're within walking distance - if walking under the Southern sun isn't an issue to you - of some of the best sights in the island, like San Montano Bay (where there's the gorgeous Negombo thermal park), La Mortella Gardens, from which you can start the walk (it's not properly a walk, it's almost a hike) along the Zaro Capo ending at the Sanctuary of Madonna dello Zaro, which is close to your accommodation as well. Also closeby there's the beautiful San Francesco beach.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay :)

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Lacco Ameno
Save

Thanks for this, am really looking forward to it

Level Contributor
3,694 posts
105 reviews
83 helpful votes
3. Re: Lacco Ameno
Save

We loved Ischia and are already planning our return. One thing that surprised us was how big the island was and how much there was to see and do and how different the various areas were. You had beautiful beaches, gardens, farm land ... it was mix of everything! Lacco Ameno is one of the larger towns from what I could tell. Lots of shops, places to eat and beaches. I agree it was perhaps not the most picturesque of the towns as we loved Sant Angelo and Ischia Ponte.

Blackwater, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
34 reviews
53 helpful votes
4. Re: Lacco Ameno
Save

You have chosen well, we have stayed at garden villas twice, both times for 2weeks. It is an amazing hotel, the staff are lovley and the hotel just so peaceful. I am sure you will have a great holiday. We will return one day I am sure but found the buses to be very crowded which made getting around a bit difficult. I would also suggest you take mosquito repellant as I was bitten quite badly.

County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Sorrento Coast, Ischia, Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
42 reviews
248 helpful votes
5. Re: Lacco Ameno
Save

Hi

I agree with everything and also love Ischia. We've also had a couple of day trips to Lacco and had a good look around the aforementioned, Regina Isabella, which is fabulous.

If you look at my photo album below, you'll see the "mushroom rock." There are lots of photos of Ischia and the whole area including some of the nearby island of Procida which is worth a day trip but only if you've got lots of time because there is plenty to do and see in Ischia. The Aragonese Castle is well worth a look inside at just 10 euros, and we were so impressed with the Mortella Gardens we went twice including a classical music concert at night in William Walton's outdoor theatre.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/eddie0/pi1707

Eddie

Reply to: Lacco Ameno
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lacco Ameno
Recent Conversations
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.