We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Montano Beach

NYC
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
San Montano Beach
Save

Hello, we want to spend our honeymoon in italy this august. I know its not an ideal time as it might be very crowded. We were looking at the Area of San Montano beach. Will the Negombo park be extremely crowded and beach chairs pretty much unavailable unless you go at 7AM? Also, is that beach quite dirty? If so, what is the cleanest beach with restaurants and cafes for younger people. Is Sardinia more suitable? We just want to lay on the beach and go for dinner and some drinks at night.

Please advise as soon as you can fellow trip advisors!

Grazie

Kurt

4 replies to this topic
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
5 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: San Montano Beach
Save

August is very very likely to be their busiest month of the year.... as it is for just about everyone else here...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/122604639

We've only been to Negombo that month the once, when their spacious grounds did somehow seem to soak up everybody... although with late-comers obviously having less choice of sunbed position...

Can't say I've really noticed what happens at the western end of San Montano Bay, where perhaps a quarter of the beach is normally open for free public use..... haven't been this summer, but I assume things there haven't changed! You have to expect though that it won't be as well cared for, or provided with as many facilities, as the remainder - which the Negombo staff look after for their paying clients!

About the only way for find anywhere at all quiet that month is to try going off to one of the less accessible places by taxi boat... not something we've ever done - and it's just as easy, of course, for everyone else to do the same!

For an idea of costs, see the Ischia Ponte price list amongst the snippets here:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/beginisc

And for the location of other main beaches, try either the island magazine...

http://www.ischianews.com/images/phocadownload/Magazine_2012/2012-ischia-news-luglio_web.pdf

... or maybe these, from me...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/beaches

When wanting just an hour or two by the sea, of those our favourite is the local 'Spiaggia dei Pescatori' - but for an entire day we head to Maronti, where there's usually some room somewhere!

I've no idea how any of that may compare with Sardinia.... but imagine it's possible, with sufficiently deep pockets, to perhaps find quieter spots there - but August is August everywhere!

Peter

Edited: 10 years ago
NYC
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
2. Re: San Montano Beach
Save

Thanks so much for your expert advice, Peter. It doesn't sound like it will be private enough for us two love birds! Thanks again

K

NYC
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: San Montano Beach
Save

One more question, as far as fun for young people, is Lacco Ameno very quiet? Is Forio the best or Sant'Angelo? Grazie!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
5 reviews
15 helpful votes
4. Re: San Montano Beach
Save

Hard to have it both ways.... privacy by day, and fun for young people?

Forio is likely to be the liveliest of those three - bigger population and more tourism.

Haven't spent an evening there, but I imagine Sant'Angelo would be fairly staid... with mostly restaurants, and the odd bar for entertainment.

Lacco falls somewhere in between, but hardly clubland!

Peter

Reply to: San Montano Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lacco Ameno
Recent Conversations
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.