We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get from Gatwick to Ischia?

Portsmouth
2 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
How do you get from Gatwick to Ischia?
Save

Can anyone help - does the ferry need to be booked? How do you get from Rome airport to the port?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
43 helpful votes
1. Re: How do you get from Gatwick to Ischia?
Save

From Rome Airport? I'm not sure. Have you already booked your flights? It's much easier to fly into Naples (you can get direct Gatwick - Naples flights). I would think you'd have to take a train to Naples, and from the station you take a bus to the port (Beverello, although some ferries go from the smaller port of Mergellina), from where you've got quite a few ferry options, and there's no need to book in advance, just turn up on the day and look at the departures board, see what the next boat is, and go to the right ticket window. There are a few different companies that go to Ischia (mostly to Ischia Porto, but also to Casamicciola and Forio) so you shouldn't have a problem. I'm not promising that this link has accurate timetables - for that I would go to the individual ferry companies - but it gives you an overview of what goes where:

http://www.ischiaonline.it/page.php?pag=TRAS00&sez=MOVIME

Portsmouth
2 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: How do you get from Gatwick to Ischia?
Save

Thankyou very much Viki. Haven't booked flights yet so will fly to Naples. Haven't booked hotel yet either but am eying up Albergo San Montano at Lacco Ameno. Looks nice with great views. Any suggestions for alternative hotels (5 star ish!), restaurants etc would be very welcome!! Thanks again for your time. Nigel

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
43 helpful votes
3. Re: How do you get from Gatwick to Ischia?
Save

If you fly into Naples, there's a shuttle bus from the airport to the port (the only other stop it makes is at the train station). The bus stops the other side of a fairly busy and manic road - attach yourselves to some Italians to get across it!

Most boats go to Ischia Porto - and that's the only place the big ferries go. But if you're looking at staying in Lacco Ameno, it's probably quicker for you to take either the SNAV hydrofoil to Casamicciola (just east of Lacco Ameno), which calls at Procida on the way, or the Alilauro hydrofoil to Forio (just west of Lacco Ameno). From there a taxi wouldn't cost too much, but there are also buses.

I'm afraid I can't help you with 5* hotel recs - somewhat out of my price range!!! :)

4. Re: How do you get from Gatwick to Ischia?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Lacco Ameno
Recent Conversations
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.