We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

Level Contributor
138 posts
39 reviews
Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

Hello we are driving from Florence on May 20th. We will stop in Greve, Radda and I would like to visit one more Small town.

Any advice will be great. We are visiting two winery in Greve and Radda but won’t mind a third stop.

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
574 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

San Gimignano is really worth a visit if you haven't been.

Level Contributor
3,247 posts
102 reviews
2. Re: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

Castellina, Rada and Greve can be done together... they are very small villages. San Gimignano is wonderful but much larger and requires more time. Oh, and Panzano in Chianti is beautiful (again very small)

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

I like Castellina in Chianti...a nice addition to Greve and Radda. We spent a day there last October and then I spent 2 days there again last month. Every time we stay in this area, I always make a trip to Castellina. There are some good restaurants, nice shops, interesting tunnel that surrounds the town, a nice enoteca next to a good gelateria. Just a lovely town to wander.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

In addition to the excellent suggestions above, also have a look at Volpaia. They have a wonderful restaurant for lunch there call Bar Ucci.

The town is lovely and will add to the ambience of the other towns which you are visiting.

Level Contributor
138 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

Thank you all! I’m going to Volpaia I already made a

Rsvp at the winery. Was thinking about Panzano and try lunch at Uci bar. This will give neurons to be relax and be back by 7:30 to Florence correct?

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
180 reviews
6. Re: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns

If you don't get to Fiesole when you are in Florence it's worth a ride up there for the panoramic views of Florence. There is a bus that runs up to it.

Reply to: Day trip from Florence need helps with small towns
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greve in Chianti