We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

Hi Am arriving in Jelso on 21/09 and plan to do a one day trip to Venice. Have read the guidebooks but can anyone recommend a one day itinerary where you see the best highlights and enjoy the day rather than just run from one place to another just ticking places off?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

Arr in San Marco, wander round San Maro possibly go in the basilica. Walk up to the Rialto bridge cross and then wander up to the Friari and possibly San Rocco, keep going up to the ferrovia and then take the No1 vaporetto down the grand canal back to get the bat back to Jesolo.

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

Thanks for the suggestions

u.k
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

I have reduced mobility. I can walk but not huge distances and not uphill /steps. Do you think I will manage to get around Venice with lots of rests?Also forgive my ignorance as I have only just begun researching this trip but what is a vaporetto?Thanks.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

A vaporetto is the equivalent of the city bus.

A little dear but very good if you have limited mobility. Just be prepared for some rushed moments as the crowds move on and off them, but they are easy and fun to ride.

Your biggest chalelnge may be the many small bridges over the little canals, however if you take your time - and pause often for coffee, etc or just to take in the scenes, you will have a marvellous time.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

You are probably best getting a 12 hour pass for the vaporettos around the city (or 24 hour if you stay longer than that), called the ACTV Tourist Travel Card (often called just "vaporetto pass").

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187870-c3011/Venice:… has a number of suggestions as well, including flat, or mostly flat itineraries. It can mean a bit more planning, but by thinking ahead it can be possible to limit the number of bridges, even if it is a bit more rigid than usually suggested here on the forums. The oft repeated mantra "the best way to enjoy yourself is to just get lost off the beaten track" probably would not be beneficial to you in the least, so I think you are correct to plan a bit more than most before arriving.

Egremont, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

Any advice ? We'll be travelling from Marco Polo Airport by bus to Lido de Jesolo on June 13th 2013. Is it worth booking advance tickets on line? Does the bus stop at all Hotels? We'll want to go to Venice for a day and possibly Croatia. Any advice for those trips?

All suggestions gratefully accepted with thanks.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

No the bus does not stop at all hotels. the bus from the airport terminates at the bus station and from there you will need to take a local bus to your hotel ( or near as )

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

Glad I spotted this question as we are going to Jessolo 21st September and I was wondering about a day tour of Venice, have made a note and will try your tour.

9. Re: Realistic Itinerary for one day in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 13:21