We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

I'm travelling with my daughter next week as she's always wanted to go to Italy (a huge pasta lover!) we are only there a week. Is there anything we shouldn't miss?? Best places to take a 9yr old. And lastly how easy is it to get to the city of Venice and ride a gondola? Prefer to make our own way to places - don't like to book hotel tours etc. thank you x

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

The water park Aqualanda.

The Aquarium.

Easy to get to Venice.Quickest and no changes involved is ATVO bus from LdJ bus station.Buy an inclusive ticket at the bus station to include vaporetti as well as buses about 24 euros each if you include all the vaporetti including the expresses.Buy a Guide Book to Venice before you leave home and study it .Vaporetti No 1 is a good one cos it takes you all the way down Grand Canal.

You can take a gondola.Will cost 80 euros per person at least.,

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

Thank you for your reply! I much prefer making my own way to places and not being governed by coach times! How long is the journey to Venice from LDJ? And lastly would it be better to go on a week day instead of the weekend?? I'm assuming a Thursday might be less busy than a Saturday?? :-)

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

Thank you for your reply! I much prefer making my own way to places and not being governed by coach times! How long is the journey to Venice from LDJ? And lastly would it be better to go on a week day instead of the weekend?? I'm assuming a Thursday might be less busy than a Saturday?? :-)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

The coach is timetabled to take 70 minutes.2 buses an hour.Unfortunately for you public transport has to run to a timetable and therefore conformity by passengers is obligatory.It is too far to walk/swim/cycle.

Every summer's day in Venice is very busy.When you arrive you don't have to join an excursion or tour.You can wander around although when you are going it will be crowded on the streets and the vaporetti.It will also be hot and the comfort of your daughter will be paramount. In my experience if you are not joining a tour or excursion, it is essential to do some personal prior research for first visit to Venice.This is to avoid being overwhelmed.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

Thank you for taking the time again to reply!! I've done a bit of googling and have a vague idea of how to plan the City trip! The aqualandia looks amazing - my daughter squealed at the photos!! :-) x

Dublin
Level Contributor
102 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

Do not miss Aqualandia and the Pirate ship (I really dont think she would be too old for that as I enjoyed it very much myself)!!!

We have just returned from Jesolo and I must warn you, Venice is mental!!! It is soooo hot and soooo busy. Go early and try to get attractions done as early as possible.

Otherwise just enjoy the wonderful surroundings, the fab beach and the warmest sea water I've ever felt!!

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

Ha ha I was just disappointed that I got handed a bucket and not a water gun!!! :-)

8. Re: 1st time in LDJ next week with 9yr old-best places?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 14:19