We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Does anyone have an opinion on where the best part of Lido di Jesolo is

along Via Bafile and Via Dante Alighieri

as in terms of is a certain part busier,more people,more things happening,

or is pretty much the same all the way along?

Thanks.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

I think it depends on what you mean by "best". For my next visit, I want to look for a hotel which is at the eastern end of Bafile, and a short walk to the bus station.

The problem with the bus station is the timing : we were there until mid-June, and most of the buses left at 15 and 45 past the hour. To travel by bus from the western end, you could choose to arrive at the bus station at 33, 53 or 13 minutes past the hour.

We visited a very nice restaurant at the eastern end (Bounty Bar) despite it being a long walk from Piazza Mazzini, and also noticed queues at one or two (the Tempini springs to mind).

When we read reviews of restaurants on TA, the first thing we looked at was the map reference, and discarded any which were too far away. However, I did notice a lot of recommended restaurants were on Dante and the piazzas at that end.

We walked along the beach path a number of times, and it seemed to be much the same (i.e. very good) all the way along.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Thanks for that.

It would have perhaps made it easier if Lido was a square grid of roads which would have involved

less walking however the main road is so long so it makes it awkward.

I've looked up and down that road many times on google street view and no one area

sticks out from the rest so I guess maybe you can't go wrong wherever you are.

Thanks for the tips.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Having the roads in a grid is a nice thought, but I don't think there's be room <g>. Although there's a lot of duplication of type of establishment along the main street, I think there's sufficient difference between them to make walking along it interesting. For example, there's a very nice delicatessen next to the Eden Hotel, on Mazzini, and two lovely real Italian cafes on Piazza Brescia.

It may well be there are other equally nice establishments in other areas, but you can only try a limited number - unfortunately.

I think I'd pick a hotel first, and that's the area settled.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Thanks.

I'm flying out tomorrow so will try and get to those places.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

I wish I were going back tomorrow! Unfortunately, our daughter's expecting her second child in two months, so that's holidays out for a while <g>.

May I ask where you're staying?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Sorry exgeordie67 only saw your message today after having returned from LDJ.

I stayed at Hotel Manila in Via Barfile.

I was looking for a hotel on the beach,with a pool,and which was off Via Barfile.

This hotel fitted the bill and I got a good price.

The overall rating on trip advisor was very good which helped me decide.

I took a look at Hotel Agora Park which was around 3/4 hotels along and would highly recommended

this place also based on which I saw.I don't know what the service is like but the layout,the pool especially really makes this place stand out.

Hotel Cambridge had a nice large pool too and is also on the beach.

I went past one of Thomsons LDJ Hotels,Hotel Miami and it reinforced my opinion that you are better off sorting out your own flights and hotels so that you can choose where you are staying.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

That's no problem, Sanrella, I've just got back from a few days away myself. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday, and the hotel. I noticed the Agora Park while walking along the beech path - very attractive, with a large pool and flowers at the windows.

So do you now think that's the best part of LDJ?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

Not sure what is the best part of LDJ or if there is a best part.

I spent most of my time from around 200 meters past Piazza Brescia to around 100meters past

Piazza Mazzini. However quite a bit past both points looks more or less the same.

Plenty of restaurants etc.

I should have spent some time further along also although with a 4 year old son theres only so much walking he would do.

I guess it depends on what you want.If you want hustle and bustle then this area is pretty good as you know.If you want it quiet then you need a hotel further along both points.You might want to be near Aqualandia or near to the station.

One thing I would def recommend is a hotel on the beach with a pool.I know most of the hotels are within

100m of the beach anyway but being right on the beach does make a difference.

Which hotel did you stay at?

9. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 06:42
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best area of Lido di Jesolo

I agree.The main strip is repetitive although its really nice.

I guess many tourist resorts are like that.

If I go again I may drive down or get a hire car so as to try other places

and not just go up and down LDJ every night.

Someone pointed out to me Lignano Sabbiadoro which looks around an hours drive up on the coast

and it looks like a really nice place too.

Wish I had known about it before I went to LDJ two weeks ago.