We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses or bus tours

Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
buses or bus tours

an I get a bus or bus tour from Punta SABBIONI to Sotto il Monte

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,332 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses or bus tours

Sotto il monte means under the hill. Do you mean sottomarina?

Howeevr from Punta sabbioni you will need to take the bus to Piazza Drago and from there there are connections to other places . Look at atvo.it

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses or bus tours

There is actually an Italian city called "Sotto il Monte", the birthplace of Pope John XXIII, and dedicated to him now (the official name of the city is Sotto il Monte Giovanni XXIII), but it is relatively far away, in Lombardy, in the Province of Bergamo, so not reachable by bus from the Venice area. You would have to go to Bergamo, and for how to reach it from there I would suggest looking on the Bergamo forum (I haven't a clue, though suspect you can reach it with some public transportation, though certainly not in a day trip from Venice, much less Jesolo).

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,332 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buses or bus tours

Learn something new every day !!! Thanks Heart

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses or bus tours

Don't know if it is a pilgrimage, which would be reasonable for a city of the sort. I recognized the name, but didn't remember why, and looking it up, then, realized why (i lived for a period in Milan, and had a client in Bergamo, so went back and forth, so I must have just heard it somewhere).

Edited: 18 March 2015, 03:22
Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buses or bus tours

Thanks to all who took the time to reply thank you once again

6. Re: buses or bus tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2016, 13:16