We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Millor Beach

1 post
Save Topic
Cala Millor Beach

Are there sunbeds and umbrellas on the beach at Cala Millor this year or do we have to buy them and if so where from.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
8 replies to this topic
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Millor Beach

just had a look on TA posters have said you can hire sunbeds etc have a look on there it will give you lots on advice when do you go I go week tomorrow I can have a look see and let you know if you want

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Millor Beach

There are always sunbeds for hire on the beach but apparently not set up at moment as still sorting contracts out etc last year they were €4.50 per bed and same for a brolly also a little safe to put your valuables in just under the brolly which is included in the cost brill for putting your phone, camera in etc while going for a dip.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 06:00
Thatcham, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Millor Beach

Just read an article in todays (13 June) Mallorca Daily Bulletin about this very issue and the local authority has still not granted permission for the loungers. Didn't read it fully so I'm not sure of the reason for the delay - just that it IS delayed.

Hope they get it sorted soon.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Millor Beach

Hi kenB so do I I think while they are thinking about it they should be a free for all lol it make up to get something free with the costs they are hammering us with on everything else! If they not on while we there in 4 weeks time we have to buy a pair of cutters and release them ourselves in protest haha 😭😭

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Millor Beach

Just looking at Majorca daily bulletin there are about 400 beds in beach at the moment FREE! Until they get the contracts sorted, I hope they still free when we go lol as they cost us about €170 on our visits! 🤨

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Thatcham, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala Millor Beach

Don't normally hire them ourselves but doing the maths, based on loungers for a family of 4, 1 days hire - It's cheaper to head to the nearest feratoria and buy some bolt cutters and help ourself. Then flog the cutters to a local bicycle thief before we catch the coach to the airport to recoup some of our initial outlay. Everyone's a winner.😆😆😆

Except, maybe the beach chair consessioners. Oh, and any number of potential bike theft victims...

🤔🤔🤔 hmmm, on second thought maybe we will just wait and hope the council grants the license in the next coupla weeks😆

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala Millor Beach

😜😭love it kenB

Thatcham, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala Millor Beach

Too many emoticons Tina. Sorry Emoji's. Should do these things from my PC, not the smartphone, where I am not so tempted to try and be down with the kids.

Thinking about it, "down with the kids" is the kind of turn of phrase that re-enforces the image of "Old Fudger" that my grandkids identify with.

Feel free to correct me....:)))

Reply to: Cala Millor Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cala Millor
Recent Conversations